·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When? Who?This Place has Really Taken Off Max! :surrender

·
"Keg Security"
3,428 Posts
was watching that counter also.... it went up 5 people since last night.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
4000 coming fast and no sign of things slowin' down either!?!?!

How many by the next KC Rally?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
28 to go as of Now .When do you think it will be? :cheers:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Nelson we average about 10-15 a day so my guess is that we will have a name by Monday.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
it is amazing how fast the site is growing. It must be growing faster now than ever before!

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Wow - I was the 3000th member back in August. 1000 new members in a few months is very impressive. But then again this is a badass forum. :plause:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
This is a good place.I belong to an air cooled forum that is ok, the people don't seem as versatile as us here,rides,group buys,insurance and many other subjects.Most of the attitude's are if you ain't Harley you ain't.... As far as I know I am the only one w.a V-Rod.
Does anybody know what the ratio % of members to V-Rods built to date is?

Elrod on the V-Rod :biker:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Elrod the plant should have just passed the 50,000 mark on building V-Rods or that was what Ken Ellis projected for this time during our visit. Now keep in mind that not all the members own v-rods so to be on the safe side I would say that we me be as much as 6% of the owners and that is a huge number IMHO.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
tapia said:
Wow - I was the 3000th member back in August. 1000 new members in a few months is very impressive. But then again this is a badass forum. :plause:
Sure is. And another 1000 between August and now, seems to be picking up what was already a quick pace (3000 members in the prior ~11 months). At the very least keeping up the pace.

Max said:
Elrod the plant should have just passed the 50,000 mark on building V-Rods or that was what Ken Ellis projected for this time during our visit. Now keep in mind that not all the members own v-rods so to be on the safe side I would say that we me be as much as 6% of the owners and that is a huge number IMHO.
3000 owners on the forum is a conservative estimate to put the forums at 6% of the manufactured product base. If you give it a range, say 3000 - 3500 owners on the forum, and a range of 44,000 to 50,000 V-Rods currently on the road, owner to membership range would be from 6% to 8%. Pretty good especially considering the bike's global distribution.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I rode to Jefferson, TX last weekend and we stopped at the Harley shop in Longview on the way back. I met a V-Rodder there with custom painted skins. He had never heard of V-Rod Forums so I gave him the web address. That's the 3rd V-Rodder I have met that didn't know about this forum. I hope they all finally join! I keep telling myself I need to print up some of those cards. But forget it as soon as I get home! I guess I better do that now....

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Agree, Shawn! But why is this still our record: Most users online 210, 05-01-2004 at 03:23 PM????

We should schedule a "let's break the record" party about the time we hit 4000. Seems like we OUGHT to be able to beat that one by now!!!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Val,

That 210 included over 100 web crawlers (google, yahoo, etc.). Something happened about that time to peak their interest and since they had little info they spawned lots of sub processes to crawl all the nooks and cranny's on the site. Since then they have only been updating the changes so they are in and out faster.

Perhaps we should look at reseting that metric so we can get a better feel of the actual usage? Then again, you're right, we should be able to beat it by now. :thumb:

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Shawn Nelson said:
I remember when it was rare to see 10 members browsing the site at once..lol
That lasted for a very short time in August 2003. Most of us followed Max here from VTF and we had many great discussion strings going in a very short time. Shawn, you came over from VTF? Just after three weeks or so, Max switched to the Jelsoft software and I think we lost some of those topics. I believe that Max manually ported the active discussion topics...

Perhaps Max could comment on the history, I'm sure that most of the early history is seared into his memory. Those who found V-Rod Forums after 2004 began would probably like to hear about how it all began...

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
I am one of the ones who found VRF before i ever heard about the VTF.How many members did we have toward the end of Sept ' 03 ? anyone remember ?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts