Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started changing my brake pads last night (Lyndall Gold Plus) and noticed that the bleeder screw on the rear caliper was rounded off. Now I remember why I stopped taking it to the dealer for service. No biggie, I finished changing the pads and planned to hit the dealer in the morning to buy a replacement screw. Next day I’m at the dealer and find out that not only do they not have the part in stock (go figure), but neither does any other dealer in Florida. Really? Orlando? Daytona? Tampa? Miami? Nope. The parts guy chuckles and starts to tell me how I should have bought a Sportster. Oh wait a second, the computer shows there is one screw on the shelf at Gainesville Harley. I've got nothing else going on today and I don't want to wait 5 business days for shipping, so I call the shop to confirm they have it then jump in the car and point north (northwest). After 200 miles, a few rain storms, and a nice trip through the Ocala National Forest, I get to Gainesville and hit the parts counter. The guy behind the counter couldn't believe I drove so far for a $2 screw and decided to give it to me for nothing. He was ready to FedEx it to me during our previous phone conversation. I kill some time at the shop and talk with a few folks in sales and merchandise. After a while, I grab a bite to eat then reverse my route back to Palm Bay. A few hours later, I’m back in the garage bleeding brakes and finishing the job. All in all it was a great day and I now I have a happy 'D' in the garage (with new brakes) just waiting to go on a Labor Day ride. Rock on.

Small shop, but great folks: http://www.gainesvilleharley.com/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts