Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a dealer give me a gift card for 40 % off anything I wanted.
Special orders... and for as many things I wished to puchase.:broke:

I did a special favor for 5 hrs. no big deal to me I was not doing anything anyhow...happy to help out... she told me to use it and don't worry about it.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????

Would you load up or take the high moral road and use it wisely for future endeavors?:bash:

thanks
:chair:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I need a chrome luggage rack, part# 51119-01A I'll pay you for the shipping. Retail is $110.00 Let me know.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
I need a leather jacket. Retail is $ 450.00. Let me know too..:)

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
If she gave it to you then make good use of it. I would make a list of everything I needed and put a nice big list together.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Let's see......my turn to finally rape the dealer instead of the other way around, or be a sap. Tough one.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wish list incoming

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
Morals be damned, spend away!........................I am looking for a sundowner seat for an '07 'AW, PM me with know with costs ....this sounds too good to be true..........

·
Registered
634 Posts
LOL, I was thinking the same thing as o2man, they are still making money after they give you the discount. Think of it this way, you are not taking advantage, you are boosting their sales volume numbers.

Order away and make it big.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
If you don't buy a new DX then you're wasting the gift that the bike god's just gave you.......and get all that other crap too. I can only imagine this is what kids feel like when they win some kind of Toys R Us shopping spree

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
If I were you I'd order about 10 destroyer cranks at 40% off and sell them here on the forum at 30% off. I know there's at least one taker :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
:them:

Make the best out of it!

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Here is an idea!!!

Tell her you cannot accept it alone and that you would rather it be issued to 1130cc.com members for continuous usage for ordering HD parts. This would get their sales volume WAY up.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
:confused:
Gazoo said:
Let's see......my turn to finally rape the dealer instead of the other way around, or be a sap. Tough one.

:confused:

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
rsc said:
I had a dealer give me a gift card for 40 % off anything I wanted.
Special orders... and for as many things I wished to puchase.:broke:

I did a special favor for 5 hrs. no big deal to me I was not doing anything anyhow...happy to help out... she told me to use it and don't worry about it.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????

Would you load up or take the high moral road and use it wisely for future endeavors?:bash:

thanks
:chair:
rsc, you did earn the card and even though the dealer didn't have to give you the card it shows that she appreciated what you did for her. It sounds like she will pay the freight on anything you want to get with the card otherwise she would have put some restrictions on it. Let your conscience be your guide but if there is something you really need or want for your bike I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hrm...

tagrat said:
rsc, you did earn the card and even though the dealer didn't have to give you the card it shows that she appreciated what you did for her. It sounds like she will pay the freight on anything you want to get with the card otherwise she would have put some restrictions on it. Let your conscience be your guide but if there is something you really need or want for your bike I'd say go for it.
:them:

I am pretty new here man, and maybe I just haven't owned my Harley long enough to be jaded by the dealership.

I would get a few things you want or need, but remember, if you abuse it, you're unlikely to see this kind of generosity again, and you may sour your relationship with the dealer. Prolly not a good idea if you get your service done there, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

I wish something like that fell into my lap, I just blew dough on axle covers(front and back), grips, stainless steal coolant hose, and the night rod bags. I am still pondering the purchase of the reflective skull harley jacket or the fxrg leather or nylon jacket.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts