Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fisher of Men
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly had the chance to take the V out for a long spin after installing my K&N, going topless, adding a Gil's box, and V-modding my stock pipes. :D

Absolutely love the sound, Performance, and Gas Mileage. I went on a day trip to San Antonio and back and the majority of the time I was doing 80 mph.

I went a total of 121.9 miles on 3.1 gallons of gas! That is almost 40 mpg! I was sweating making it to the station to fill up but had plenty of gas left. :moped:

Like others have stated on this wonderful forum, DON'T GO BY THE GAS GAGUE! Go by your trip meter & you will be far better off! :stilpoke:

Thank you to everyone who's advice I used to make a wonderful machine even better! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Ride Safe & God Bless, JC

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
That's what I get on the freeway too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
146 and the guage was bottomed out at 130... I was sweating it out because I was in the middle of no where... My usual ride home from work!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm on a trip right now in Walla Walla, Washington. I filled her up this morning and ran her almost dry (measured right on the lowest line). I ran between 60 and 70 mph most of the trip and got 50 mpg with Ricks tank (200 miles, 4 gal fill up). I'm not sure how much further I could have gone but I didn't want to push it. I'm very happy with these numbers considering it's got a 240 tire, Topless, K&N filter, Power commander, V-mods, 30 tooth pulley & Mobile One synthetic oil.:angelwin:

·
Fisher of Men
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TalkingRain, that is good news as I really really want to do a 240 conversion on mine! Glad to hear the gas mileage is not affected!

Ride Safe & God Bless!, JC

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Uh, my stock bike, with a K&N filter and synthetic oil got 44mpg over 380 miles from Phoenix to Tucson (OK, Benson) and back with both of us on it. I set the throttle lock at 80mph because the engine has a really cool sound at that speed.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
Went out for a "spin" on Saturday. High speed back roads with lots of accelerations.

So tonight I head out for a 13 mile trip on Red Reserve with 156 miles showing on the trip odometer.

I decided after the meeting to go for a moonlit ride. I went down to the border of PA/MD to gas up, but didn't want to use no-name gas. Having traveled I-83 a lot in the past, I knew of an Exxon station down the road.

Now I'm out 176 on the odometer, but the needle is on empty. Hey, it's not far, maybe 7 miles and I know this thing has at least 10 miles under the needle...

So I travel down I-83 to exit 33 in MD for my Exxon station. The blue sign though where it used to say what gas stations there were was blank. "Oh, no!" I thought. And sure enough, the station is closed.

Not wanting to get stuck in northern Maryland at night with no gas, I head back to Shrewsbury holding my breath.

I made it.

194.4 miles on the odometer for that tank of gas. It took 4.723 gallons.

Mileage: 41.16mpg.

Not bad for a completely stock R after racing around all day Saturday...

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
That explains the blue pipe, ah Capt?

I get around 38-40 mpg. After a lot of tuning and keeping track of miles traveled per fill up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just checked my mileage Sunday. About 600 miles on the bike, ST slipons are the only mod that would affect mileage and I got 39 mpg. Just general riding. Lots of stop & go city, 65-70 mph cruising on hills and turns (no freeway miles and not horsing on it too much....).
The light came on with just below 1/4 tank going by the guage, I filled up at 1/8 tank and 31 miles showing on the range and it took 4.06 gallons. So I'd say the ga is close, but the range indicator is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts