Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around for a painter in my area and found Scott Takes is only 20miles away. http://www.undergroundartstudios.com/ If you click on Portfolio the first bike that comes up is a V-rod. Forum member??? If you click on the "Click to see more" the second one that comes up is a former member of my Rugby team. Forgot that he had it painted locally. Anyone had any experience with Scott?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Cool looking flames!!

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
nice work!

·
Greg
604 Posts
The 3D effect in his flame work (especially on the V-Rod) is awesome!

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
wi.st.rod said:
The 3D effect in his flame work (especially on the V-Rod) is awesome!
:them:

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just met with Scott and man can he talk, but that is a good thing. I got to see some of his work in person and the detail is amazing. He is really passionate about his work. He showed me lots of pics of his work. One of his paint jobs for Billy Lane won an episode of the Biker Build off. I put my deposit down so next year I will be ready to roll. I told him I did not want to start until the riding season was over. He showed me a few different V-Rods he painted and I cant wait for him to work his magic on mine. Price wise he was cheeper then the guys out west which is always good on the pocket.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm a flameaholic and that first example has got to be one of the best, most creative, and impressive iterations I've seen...
The subtle tie in with the power coated frame, and the way that light and shadow are used, makes that first example my favorite for a V-Rod...

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Jeck said:
I am meeting with him next week so I will let you know.
Better have someone to stand behind you to catch you...from past quotes and what I've heard of other's bikes prices. But hands down the guy has some amazing skills. Nothing better locally.

Editting this as I just read the rest of your posts. Curious what his quotes are around. I was quoted over $4k over a year ago for flames, etc but nothing really new or innovative. He is a nice guy and easily approachable.

·
Registered
553 Posts
OK, simple question...
What general price range are we talkin'???

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The price depends on the amout of detail you want. I told him what I wanted to spend and he said he can work with that. If I want more detail then the price goes up ofcourse. I was in the 2-3k range. But with the ideas that we were coming up with I have a feeling I will spend more. He is not in his studio much. He dose alot of murals and other work off site. Just call the studio and leave a message and he will call you back, our e-mail him like I did.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
He practices in a band in his studio almost every Thursday night. They are in the alley just up the block from my job and its pretty cool listening to them on smoke breaks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts