Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MAN OF
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody running a 360 brake in their wheels
i seen that xtreme machine is now offering it and makes the wheels look 1000% times better than with rotors on the outside
just seeing if anyone had some feedback on these yet?

http://xtrememachineusa.com/
once you click on the link there is more info in the upper right corner of their page

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have seen them at the show in Las Vegas and yesterday a dealer local to me in Dallas had some on wheels they were selling. www.pickardusa.com They do really clean up a wheel area, I noticed Frank eyeing them so you can bet that on one of his builds he will try a set.

·
MAN OF
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is this something that can be added after you purchase your wheels or do they need to be put in when they are manufactured

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Steel777 said:
is this something that can be added after you purchase your wheels or do they need to be put in when they are manufactured

I never ask that question. They do appear to be a smaller bolt pattern then the brake rotors but I will see if I can find out for you.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
You can fit it later but you will need to machine the hub of the wheel. I looked at a 360 install that the manufacturer lined up for me when I was in Vegas a month ago. Some pic's of that front wheel install are attached. The manufacturer is recommending a dual setup on the front of the VR in place of the stock dual rotor system. I'm sitting on the fence at the moment because I'm not sure I like the heavy 4" axle look of the dual setup (I might use ceramic rotors and hidden callipers instead), but I am planning on using it on the rear.

Here is the contact info if your interested in talking to them;
Chet Burozski
Sales and Marketing Director
Baldwin Wilson Development Corp.
1531 E. Northfield Dr.
Brownsburg, IN 46112
W. (317)852-7867
C. (317)370-0920
F. (317)858-9287
www.360Brake.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I really like them, but we're looking at about $3K just for the brakes? I'll spend the dough on other mods first. Hopefully by then the price will dip a bit?

·
MAN OF
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was reading on another post that others are worried about heat distribution
and they were worried about it being so new that the bugs havent been worked out
which is a very valid point because brakes are a big deal
i dont wanna have a sweet looking bike at the expense of not being able to lock up my brakes and avoid an accident
and it seems weird that they only warrant their product for 6 months??
seems weird
why not a whole year.....is it not a quality product??
do they plan on something going wrong after the 6 months

darrellh said:
(I might use ceramic rotors and hidden callipers instead)
what exactly is this setup?

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
Max said:
I have seen them at the show in Las Vegas and yesterday a dealer local to me in Dallas had some on wheels they were selling. www.pickardusa.com They do really clean up a wheel area, I noticed Frank eyeing them so you can bet that on one of his builds he will try a set.
You got that right! Too late for the current project (besides it is using the Buell outside rotors anyway), but it will be on the short list for the next one. Very cool stuff.

·
SOLD
3,118 Posts
I was just in contact with 360 over the weekend. Seeing that my bike is sitting at Vance & Hines, and they are located right next store to them. So I might see what I can work out with them.

·
SOLD
3,118 Posts
Well I just heard back from them, this was there response
Very cool. I'll go over during lunch today and see. If you'd like we can
just wheel it across the street and put your brakes on. The brakes are
$995.00 each. If you have duals now, my attorney says you should have duals
of ours as well. That will be entirely up to you though. Our standard
installation runs about $200.00 a wheel. Let me know what you think.....

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
vrod kev said:
Well I just heard back from them, this was there response
Very cool. I'll go over during lunch today and see. If you'd like we can
just wheel it across the street and put your brakes on. The brakes are
$995.00 each. If you have duals now, my attorney says you should have duals
of ours as well. That will be entirely up to you though. Our standard
installation runs about $200.00 a wheel. Let me know what you think.....

**** whats another grand Kev get r done.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
vrod kev said:
I was just in contact with 360 over the weekend. Seeing that my bike is sitting at Vance & Hines, and they are located right next store to them. So I might see what I can work out with them.

Damn Kev, I have to find a way to get my bike to Indianapolis. It seems you get the prototype of everything for the V all because it is in IN. :stilpoke:

·
Adam
119 Posts
Max said:
Hey Max, can you tell me what dealer that was? I'd like to go by and see them.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Mitch Pickard is the owner and they are on Plano RD in Richardson. THe address is 2050 N Plano RD #300 so it isn't very far from my house at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts