Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought the bike every time I started it I got a light hint of blue smoke from the pipes. This morning I started it and it smoked heavily for several minutes. It sputtered and fell all over it self on the ride to the H-D Dealer. Once there we found oil running around the base of the rear cylinder. The bike has 340ish miles on it. No mods to the exhaust or ECM (yet).

Any ideas ?

Matt

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sounds like someone didn't do their job right at the factory. I had a problem with the water pump and thermostat gaskets leaking at my first service, but no oil leaks as of yet. Keep up informed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Every once and awhile, I get alittle white smoke when I start her up. Nothing serious...and I will just keep an eye on the oil level. She runs strong so I'm not worried...and I have a 5 year extended warranty...so I'm not worried at all.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
No troubles on mine with that, but I am sure they can get you all fixed up. The nice thing is your under warranty. Hope you get it fixed soon!

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
sounds like the head is loose, or maybe thats my head?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No definate word on the problem yet. It is looking like I am just going to get a new engine since the bike is so new.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
thedak said:
No definate word on the problem yet. It is looking like I am just going to get a new engine since the bike is so new.
If it was me I would definately be pushing for a complete new engine and not a re-build of your existing one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer just wants to put a fresh engine into it. We will find out Monday or Tuesday

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
WOW, this is the first time I have ever heard of this. Most have been something really bad.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mis-read post

Yeah you have a gasket problem. For some reason I thought it said it was running down the head. :stooge:

·
Biker 4 Life
270 Posts
My bike did the same thing before I changed the exhaust. Now it is only a thing of the past.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the news today. Crack in the Engine Casing. New Motor.

Dealership gave me a new bike to ride while mine is being fixed.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
thedak said:
Got the news today. Crack in the Engine Casing. New Motor.

Dealership gave me a new bike to ride while mine is being fixed.
WOW! How did that pass inspection at the factory? Tell them to put the 1250 in. Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts