Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30T HDi pulley for sale - its in the UK and damn heavy so it has to be $70 posted to the US i'm afraid.
Cheers
Steve

Attachments

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
pm sent

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Rod if you dont take it I will.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
pm sent to both of you.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Arrived today!!!

You Rock Steve!

:thumb::thumb:

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Anyone know the factory part number for this pulley?

Thanks,
Dave
It was an international pully for a wide tire (240 Tire) bike (assuming it was for the 07 DX in Stevel's signature) and my parts manual shows the part number as 40657-06A. If you have a non-wide tire bike it should be 40341-04 for the international bikes.

Jerry

·
Registered
221 Posts
It was an international pully for a wide tire (240 Tire) bike (assuming it was for the 07 DX in Stevel's signature) and my parts manual shows the part number as 40657-06A. If you have a non-wide tire bike it should be 40341-04 for the international bikes.

Jerry
Jerry,

Thanks for that information!
I have an 09 Muscle with a stock 240 rear tire, so I am assuming that I would use the 40657-06A?
Any way you could confirm this?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
YEA!!! thats what I said and got called out for telling someone to use the best feature for finding information about past posts on the forum.... all the info is here and rsc has made videos of a lot of work on his vrod. thanks pal.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Jerry,

Thanks for that information!
I have an 09 Muscle with a stock 240 rear tire, so I am assuming that I would use the 40657-06A?
Any way you could confirm this?

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,

Yep that's a good number for your 09 Muscle as well (confirmed in my 09 parts catalog).

Keep in mind that your US bike uses a 151T belt and the international bikes use a 152T belt, technically you should also change belts (p/n 40145-07) but I have heard many guys say their US belt worked. I have the 30T pully as well but have never installed it on my bike (normally run a 26T pully and wanted the 30T for long trips but just have never gotten around to taking any long trips... YET, I went from the 28T to the 26T without having to change belts but I am at the end my ajustment, I am hoping I have enough play the otherway to also support the 30T with the same belt, will see someday just not today)

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
221 Posts
Dave,

Yep that's a good number for your 09 Muscle as well (confirmed in my 09 parts catalog).

Keep in mind that your US bike uses a 151T belt and the international bikes use a 152T belt, technically you should also change belts (p/n 40145-07) but I have heard many guys say their US belt worked. I have the 30T pully as well but have never installed it on my bike (normally run a 26T pully and wanted the 30T for long trips but just have never gotten around to taking any long trips... YET, I went from the 28T to the 26T without having to change belts but I am at the end my ajustment, I am hoping I have enough play the otherway to also support the 30T with the same belt, will see someday just not today)

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry,

Thanks for the info and help.

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts