Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually for an R

stever975 said:
40341-04 is 30T for VRSCA/B (HDI) (fits 28T flange on 2004 and 2005 V-Rod)
I want to replace a 28T on an R

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
PRICHMON said:
I want to replace a 28T on an R
I don't have an R parts catalog so I don't know what part number your 28T pulley is.
The 40341-04 30T HDI pulley will replace a 40345-04 28T domestic pulley as used on 2004 and 2005 VRSCA/B.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put a stock 30 tooth pulley on my ought six. Works great and love the gas mileage. Still have power to boot. I think the international part number is best for what you're looking for though. think about the belt too. My stock belt is a bit short. A 150 tooth belt would be better. quick question from me would be; is there a smaller rear sprocet for the VRod say a 169 or 168 tooth? Would like to experiment. :)

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Mechwiz1 said:
... I think the international part number is best for what you're looking for though. ...
quick question from me would be; is there a smaller rear sprocet for the VRod say a 169 or 168 tooth? Would like to experiment. :)
Both 40657-06A and 40341-04 are 30T HDI (international) part numbers.

Concerning your question about rear pulleys pulleys with fewer teeth: (I think you meant to suggest 69 or 68 tooth since the stock pulley is 72 teeth) I've never heard of any that fit the cush drive adapter. If you give up the cush drive and use non-stock wheels there are more options. Most people switch to chains that want custom ratios.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. Yes actually a 70 tooth rear pulley would do nicely. wouldn't need a belt change then either. Bike is running fine on the fwd thirty tooth so far. looks like I am stuck with the 72 tooth rear. I do a lot of highway wit my ride so I'm with the taller generation. Love my bike. :broke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts