Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have mounted a supercharger from holymoto with a DTT 300kpa kit and a akropovich exhaust. The bike runs well on idle but the problems are around 4000-6000rpm..
I’ve started with the 300kpa basemap but getting nowhere..
Does anybody have a working map for your bike with similar setup?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Autobanmod
9,907 Posts
The DTT is self learning, you must apply the BLM tables from time to time, especially in the beginning.
RTFM! (read the ****ing manual)
BLM values are updated based on closed loop feedback from the exhaust gas oxygen sensor.

Some special considerations apply to the BLM tables. BLM values are limited in range from 75% to 125%. The range limits are set on the module parameters screen. When a BLM cell nears the range limit, the cell color changes to red to alert the user that the system has just about run out of correction range and that the corresponding cell in the Alpha-N fuel table must be changed.
For boosted applications you must change the Base Injector Pulse Width!

Again, RTFM!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know.. 20h of driving and updating the blm tables.. still not going well.
IRTFM!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The basemap for the setup had a calculated injector pulsewidth of 19,6.. havent calculated it myself so i think i have to check that..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im also interested in creating a map for a sprintex so will be following your progress. Out of interest what feedback have you been getting from the BLM tables ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First ten updates the blm tables was very irregular.. but today i tried to increase injector pulse width to 20 and now the blm tables are around 95-100

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it is 8psi and the injectors are siemens deka 60lbs

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think it is 8psi and the injectors are siemens deka 60lbs

You need to confirm both (get the flow sheet for your injectors and install a boost gauge if you don't have one). Hard to tune without knowing both.

And.....IF you are sick of this kit I am an interested buyer :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to confirm both (get the flow sheet for your injectors and install a boost gauge if you don't have one). Hard to tune without knowing both.

And.....IF you are sick of this kit I am an interested buyer :)

10psi boost and 60lbs/h injectors
I’m not done with this kit yet just started

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ah, thanks! I thought for some reason the location had to be moved. That's a huge sensor :)

Assuming you can dial in the a/f's using frequent BLM adjustments...what can you do to fine tune timing? I'm assuming you'd have to do a dyno tune in that case?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ah, thanks! I thought for some reason the location had to be moved. That's a huge sensor :)

Assuming you can dial in the a/f's using frequent BLM adjustments...what can you do to fine tune timing? I'm assuming you'd have to do a dyno tune in that case?
More like "assuming you had a way to actually detection spark knock so that we would have data to know when we advanced timing too far...." (at a minimum). <--I say this as the DTT he is using doesn't incorporate any sort of knock detection.

From what I have discerned from most of the "tuners" in the V-rod world, they ignore this and just focus on AFR pretending that our engines don't exhibit said knock ever......

Ooops I kicked the hornet's nest again :)

Also....you can use several of the OEM GM 3 bar sensors with a tiny bit of dremel and/or creativity time.

·
Registered
784 Posts
More like "assuming you had a way to actually detection spark knock so that we would have data to know when we advanced timing too far...." (at a minimum). <--I say this as the DTT he is using doesn't incorporate any sort of knock detection.

From what I have discerned from most of the "tuners" in the V-rod world, they ignore this and just focus on AFR pretending that our engines don't exhibit said knock ever......

Ooops I kicked the hornet's nest again :)

Also....you can use several of the OEM GM 3 bar sensors with a tiny bit of dremel and/or creativity time.
I keep reading about how the factory ECU / PV is the best because of the knock sensor...but challenging with boosted apps. What alternatives do we have if none of the aftermarket ecu's have knock sensing capabilities?

I re-purchased the DTT, so I'll be in the same boat and with hopes to get the TTS S/C soon.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I keep reading about how the factory ECU / PV is the best because of the knock sensor...but challenging with boosted apps. What alternatives do we have if none of the aftermarket ecu's have knock sensing capabilities?

I re-purchased the DTT, so I'll be in the same boat and with hopes to get the TTS S/C soon.
Search the forums. I posted a ton about how the aftermarket ECU route is a bad way to go with these bikes (short of all out race application).

Some members want to argue I am "wrong" about this till the end of time however. I've been down this road with just about every application that has an engine and is road legal.

Shutting my hole as I know nothing :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Yes i think i have to leave the timingtable for a dynocenter..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My next step could be changing the coils.. how are the original sparks react under boost

·
Registered
694 Posts
My next step could be changing the coils.. how are the original sparks react under boost

Perfectly fine for the level of boost you will be running at (and probably better than most of the "race" coils you will find for this bike believe it or not).

As for timing....think real hard about who you take it to for dyno tuning. Ask them "How do you adjust timing?" "How do you know when you have advanced timing values too far?" "How do you detect knock?".

If ANY of those answers are "We listen for it".....run away.

·
Registered
65 Posts
10psi boost and 60lbs/h injectors
I’m not done with this kit yet just started

Any improvement after you reviewed the injector parameters ? Im setting up a Sprintex using the DTT and hoping to have it running in a week or so. Im using the IWP190 injectors (destroyer ones)

Hoping i can get it running smoothly

1 - 20 of 50 Posts