Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I finally just finished my project....very exciting!! I have been a member of this forum for about 1 year, and I really want to thank everybody for making it such a cool place to find ideas!!

I want to thank especially forum member Alwayslooking ( Josh), for having figured out the coolest mod ever (300 tire on the stock swing arm), then Marc at MS Bike Tec, Solomon Harris at CEI and Aaron at Gr Customs.

I went with Josh on the rear tire for 2 main reasons: I love the design of the original swing arm plus he uses a 10.5 inch rim which gives the Metz300 a really big fit...

I kinda suck as a photographer but I'll try to post some new pictures very soon.

Cheers,
Gigi

Attachments

·
2012 NRS Vivid Black
663 Posts
Congrats! That is one bad-azz looking rear. Can you PM me with the details on what it took to do the 300 conversion? Thanks again, :notworth:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

All the credit goes to forum member Alwayslooking ( Josh), he figured it all out , and then sold me the kit. Send him a PM, he's super cool and will help you do it.

You 're goin to love it...thats the way the DX should come out of the factory!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, stock wheel widened by Kosman.....Member Alwayslooking took care of the whole deal. If you want send him a PM and he'll tell you about pricing.

He widened the stock swing arm as well, and built all the spacers. I'll post new pix soon, so you can see better...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The balance is very good, going from a 260 to this it takes a week or so to get used to it. I thought it was goin to be harder....I live in the canyons and have a lot of turns...its a little harder when you're goin slow uphill and you have sharp turns, but not a big deal....!

·
Registered
197 Posts
You have a very clean set up,real nice, this is how a v-rod should look. What fender & tail light set are u running?:lamer:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's from Cutting Edge Illusion, 300C., as you said very clean and visible during daylight as well...!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gig, you might as well do a more detailed wright up since you can see how people (as well as myself) are interested in what you've done. Links, advise, specs, and pricing with more pics would be awesome. The back end looks great!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
yes more pics!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
300 tire and more....w/pictures

Hi guys,

So I finally had some time to take some more pix. The CEI guys painted the airbox (from MSBike Tec), and the rear fender (300C from CEI...with their led stripe that includes signal as well).

The front light, the seat, the handle bar, the horn cover and the license plate holder are from GR Customs....then there are some powder coated parts, including the rear pulley.

The tire conversione, as I mentioned in the other message, was done by forum member Alwayslooking ( Josh). He pretty much does all the work for you...I sent him the swing arm, the rim, the pivot shaft and the rear axle....he sends the wheel to Kosman, and builds all the spacers. Not sure who does the swing arm....He does great work and his measurements are dead on.

Thats all for now!!

Cheers,
G

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
G. Bike looks great I never got a chance to see the pics until now, love it, ride safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Josh,

went for a long ride yesterday, 9 hours of curves up in the mountains..!
That tire sure worked me up good!!!

Love it though, I cant tell u how many people stop me and take pix....pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Turned out clean. Nicely done.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

1 - 20 of 20 Posts