Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer is charging $300 for the 1K service which they said will take an hour. The labor rate is $65 per hour so that must be some expensive oil & filter. Can anyone shed any light on the high cost?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Wish I could. Baffles me. Change your oil, check your critical fasteners. Buy yourself a Service Manual and ride on. Screw that noise.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It happened to me "ONCE" and then I bought the manual. In the wild west I believe they called it a "stick up" :broke:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
OOOOUUUUUUccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... Thats going to leave a mark. :rofl: They are kidding right?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
4stroker said:
Local dealer is charging $300 for the 1K service which they said will take an hour. The labor rate is $65 per hour so that must be some expensive oil & filter. Can anyone shed any light on the high cost?
because some people pay it :D

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are there any warranty implications with doing your own oil changes? I thought I read somewhere that it voided your warranty. Reading the manual makes you scared to put non-Harley wax on the bike. I'm surprised they don't sell their own fuel :D

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
4stroker said:
Are there any warranty implications with doing your own oil changes? I thought I read somewhere that it voided your warranty. Reading the manual makes you scared to put non-Harley wax on the bike. I'm surprised they don't sell their own fuel :D
:laugh:

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Like others have said, get a service manual and do your own service, my bike wont see the dealer till it has 10k miles on it..

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
$300 is cheap they want $549 here

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Luckily, it was part of the deal when I got my bike. My 1K service was free. Then the 5K service came and I paid $ 247.80. and that was for 2.5 hours labor plus cost of oil and filter.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
1hagop said:
$300 is cheap they want $549 here
WTF?? $ 549.00 would probably be for the 10K service.

·
Registered
184 Posts
4stroker said:
I wish you lived by me I service motorcycles in my garage and for a V-Rod I charge $83 and that's with Amsoil.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The place I bought my bike from offers it for the price of the fluids.... which they said was around 12 bucks. Otherwise they said I would pay around $275 elsewhere. Problem is, with their hours and my hours I will probably end up taking it elswhere. The price of not buying close to home I guess.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
pacanis said:
The place I bought my bike from offers it for the price of the fluids.... which they said was around 12 bucks. Otherwise they said I would pay around $275 elsewhere. Problem is, with their hours and my hours I will probably end up taking it elswhere. The price of not buying close to home I guess.
12 bucks? That is only for 1 quartz.. for oil change you need about 5 quartz

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
Scrmng E said:
WTF?? $ 549.00 would probably be for the 10K service.
Honest!
$499 for 500 mile service for Sportster :spank:
$599 for 500 mile service for Electroglide/Street/Road :banghead:
$549 for 1000 mile servie VRSC :broke:
Its posted on their mantanence board behind the service counter!
Labor Rate $95.00/hr :bash:
Welcome to the bay area!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i bought both of my bikes at the same place and the 1k service is free......i'm sure i paid for it somewhere though.

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Same for me

4stroker said:
My 1K service was also around $300. I don't have the details with me, but there was the oil change and a bunch of checking issues. I was glad I bought the prepaid service. Even though it cost big money up front! :broke:

·
Registered
512 Posts
$549.... that sucks... The stealers are getting fat or what????

We pay around $300 Aussie dollars down here

1 - 20 of 27 Posts