Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
It must have been an overseas model or someone swapped out the 28T sprocket that was put on at the factory.

Based on the marking shown in your picture, I'd say it's an early model (P/N 40341-01) sprocket also. The later model 30T (P/N 40341-04) sprocket was stamped with smaller size characters spaced closer as shown in this picture:
Can someone please verify these are the correct pictures with the correct part numbers? Asking because what I see with my eyes look correct.

I have a 2006 Domestic VRSCR with 28T. I want to switch to 30T so I would need 40341-04 which has 30T stamped with smaller and closer together.

Whats driving me crazy is the pulleys I see listed on Ebay the pictures and part number and model years are mixed up. see link

Thank for reply in advance

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Can someone please verify these are the correct pictures with the correct part numbers? Asking because what I see with my eyes look correct.

I have a 2006 Domestic VRSCR with 28T. I want to switch to 30T so I would need 40341-04 which has 30T stamped with smaller and closer together.

Whats driving me crazy is the pulleys I see listed on Ebay the pictures and part number and model years are mixed up. see link

Thank for reply in advance
You can't really place too much accuracy of peoples listed years as in the US you only saw those 30T for 2 years so most people will assume no matter what year bike it came off it will be 02-03 fitment. You probably stand a much better chance of finding what you want looking on European Ebay sites. It is not huge so postage shouldnt be too painful. As far as the accuracy of the markings in the photo goes I have not had enough of them in my hand to comment, but what I can vouch for is the accuracy of the author of the post. He is an extemely knowledgable person on here and is very rarely, if at all wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank You

I can see that this has the little pieces that match up to the latter smaller flange. I was not seeing that on the one listed in the US. I'm guessing that reduces the force that is put on the bolts?

Looks like I already bought it, so I contacted seller to verify total cost with postage so I know how much to pay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I finally got the pulley it fit over the flange but it looks like it is the offset pulley. So they can't get there part numbers correct on the other side of the pond either! I guess I got a 40657-06. Will have to try and buy a 40341-04 again.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I finally got the pulley it fit over the flange but it looks like it is the offset pulley. So they can't get there part numbers correct on the other side of the pond either! I guess I got a 40657-06. Will have to try and buy a 40341-04 again.
Well that sucks! Bet the bike had a 240 conversion done to it. They probably didn't realise or have enough V Rod knowledge to tell the difference, just jumped to an 04 parts list. Good look with your search, if I come across the right one I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hey summerjim, this one should be correct as it is off a an R model. The seller only has a VRSCR for breaking so shouldn't be mixed up like the last one! Plus they have the swingarm for sale off the same bike and it hasn't been modded for a 240 conversion so I would say you could be in luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks better and it has been running the wide belt that the 180 tire use. Seller offered it to me shipped to US for GBP 124.65 about $155 US.

40341-04 New discounted price from H-D is $160 and $20 shipping here in the US. So i'm still debating.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
I bought mine from local H-D dealer on customer appreciation day that's about what I paid, no shipping cost, brand new, fits perfect and no wear on it - buy the new one stick a knife in it & kill it dead. Not worth all the unknown ongoing hassle IMHO. Try Surdyke also -

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Looks better and it has been running the wide belt that the 180 tire use. Seller offered it to me shipped to US for GBP 124.65 about $155 US.

40341-04 New discounted price from H-D is $160 and $20 shipping here in the US. So i'm still debating.
Have to agree with SRR, for the difference I would buy the new one. Would be different for me here as parts are more expensive so I would never be able to get a new one at that price. Bite the bullet!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts