Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Oh,and...world peace
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all, I'm picking up my new Rod next Tuesday and ordered the HD stainless braided coolant hose. The dealer wants $240 labor to install it and claims about 3 hours labor. Is this on track? I've read this mod is a bit difficult and I don't want to spill coolant all over my condo parking lot! I'm in Hawaii and expect a bit higher pricing over here.

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Took my dealer about an hour or so to put mine on

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Kalama said:
Hi Y'all, I'm picking up my new Rod next Tuesday and ordered the HD stainless braided coolant hose. The dealer wants $240 labor to install it and claims about 3 hours labor. Is this on track? I've read this mod is a bit difficult and I don't want to spill coolant all over my condo parking lot! I'm in Hawaii and expect a bit higher pricing over here.
My dealer charges 1.5 hours for this job and he said it is a pain to do. I opted for the simple chrome cover which I will fit myself. It don't look so good but leaves me with £130 ($200) for something else.

Regards

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
I did mine in about an hour and a half and that was the first time Id done it. The Book shows .8 for each hose. 3.0 is high. I think that must include the pain-in-the-arse factor and the I-dont-want-to-do-it factor.
But it looks great!

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I did mine also in about 1.5 hrs. 3 hrs for a dealer is ridiculous. It is not a simple job though. You have to be patient. Getting the small hose on while saying lots of bad words.

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
It's a great looking mod, but man.... it is a pain in the ass to do. I think adamsg might have it right. Save the $$$ and do it yourself... it's a great exercise in patience.

·
Oh,and...world peace
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!!

Thanks guys. This has encouraged me to shop around (not that there are many choices in Hawaii). I really appreciate the feedback and hope to reciprocate soon!! I would do it myself, but, based on the &%$*@ factor of this job, I would probably be like Al Bundy and end up ruinining other stuff on the bike :) :laugh:

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you are buying the bike new from the dealer I am surprised they are not giving you a discount on parts and labor on anything you add on. When I ordered the bike I had to have the braided hose. They gave me 15% off and included labor on that a couple of other add ons. If they were going to charge me I would have done it myself........

·
Registered
224 Posts
Had mine put on before I left the dealer. Checked my invoice, 1 hour labor charged for braided hose, seat, base plate and luggage rack. $55.00 labor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts