Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rickaroo
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that The V-Mod website sale these 3" extensions for the DX. Does anyone have a picture of these on their 07 DX. Also would like to know how they are working out for you.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
964 Posts
I am going to get a set so once I get them installed I will send ya a photo. Just brought the bike home and need a seat, pipes and to extend the controls desperately.

The 20 miles home hurt my but lol thats one hard seat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
just installed the 3'' extended controls ,took me 15 min. per side, and I am by no means good at wrenching , but I must say it was a easy install I am 6'4'' tall , tomorrow I will post pic. and ride.

·
Registered
53 Posts
These controls are great they're made by Arlen Ness. V-mod sells them @ same price. If you do get them, get the shifter knob that they recommend in the description on V-mod.

·
Registered
964 Posts
how much were the arlen ness controls from vmod?

·
Registered
53 Posts
$399 + $30 for shifter knob + $40(I think,...call & ask)if you want them PC'd gray or black. I'll try & post more pics, I have switchblade pegs and the crome setup doesn't look bad, but if you're using black pegs you may want to PC them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Pete ... off the thread topic ... what did you do to your pipes? Did you just PC the stock cans or are those a third-party item?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Thanks for the extra pics, now I know what they are. I couldnt tell at first if that was the entire set of controls or that offset thing he makes that lets you use your own controls.

How does that riding position feel, I know the extra length helps, but how does it feel being further out from the bike like that but your controls are still the same distance from the bike...ie what I mean is it looks like your pegs are an inch or so further out from the bike than the pedals?

·
Registered
53 Posts
They are out a little further, but the brake & shifter are wider than stock. I'm 6' and have 32" inseam. I was gonna get the 2" extensions that V-mod makes, but they were having a problem w/ the aluminum that they were using (powder coat wasn't laying on correct) and I had already waited 2 months, so I just changed the order to the already made 3" set.
They made a huge difference in riding comfort, my legs weren't cramped up any more. No difference in turning or anything, it just took a couple rides to get used to taking off from a stop and putting your feet on the pegs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also installed the 3'' V-MOD controls pic are in gallery, the shifter peg is not the one I will be useing ,ordering the correct one from V-MOD tomorrow.

·
Registered
964 Posts
why oh why didnt they make the brake pedal replaceable. That thing is too darn big.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I tried to use the stock brake pedal, there was not much room between my foot and the brake pedal when my foot was on the peg, will be looking for smaller brake pedal ,for SURE

·
Registered
53 Posts
Johnyneo79 said:
How much and did you have to buy anything else or just the kit to get the pices in your pics.

Thanks
Everything I have there was about $530, 400 for controls, 30 for shift peg, and I think 100 for the Kuryakn(?spelling?) Switchblade pegs.
It comes w/ everything you need, even loctite, only thing you have to do other than put them on is readjust the distance on the shift linkage rod (very easy to do) to find a position that you're comfortable with. Anybody with a set of allen keys and a wrench can do this no problem in no time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
vesteroid said:
why oh why didnt they make the brake pedal replaceable. That thing is too darn big.
It can be removed, but you'd probably have to get a custom fabrication to replace it. Maybe check on Arlen Ness website or call them to see if they have anything different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts