Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so Ive now had my V for about 3 months, starting to get used to the whole, WOW that bike is sweet. Makes me better about myself every time. But anyways, today we had an Open House at the local dealership, I'd say there were probably 300 bikes minimum, it was kinda rainy and crappy out not exactly the turn out everyone was expecting. But I mean Harleys and free beer, who wouldn't come? OK back to the real subject now, I was getting ready to ride with my little brother back to our house 20 miles away (he's 17 and only has his permit), so as I get on my bike and start backing it out 3 cops come out of nowhere. My immediate reaction is ohhh shit they didn't see me do that hole shot 20 minutes ago did they? Well I never found out because as soon as they got withing hearing distance they all started in, one even went as far as to say, "Well kid, you must feel pretty lucky, this is by far the sweetest bike here." The other 2 took a little coaxing but they did finally see it my way. Finally a couple cops that I dont mind saying that I talked to. God I love my V.

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
If a few departments would select the V as their bike, we'd have our full bagger setups even sooner. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I have a DX and a badge. In fact, several guys at work ride both on and off duty (maybe you've heard of the Blue Knights). I think you'd be surprised how may cops ride and are "open-minded" to the V's.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
DX + badge here.

Wife has D + badge.

Different agencies.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cops do not need to ride V when they are on duty, that makes my life a little more stressful....j/k

·
Registered
661 Posts
Dirty Chris said:
If it makes you feel better, I have a DX and a badge. In fact, several guys at work ride both on and off duty (maybe you've heard of the Blue Knights). I think you'd be surprised how may cops ride and are "open-minded" to the V's.
:them: tho,I have an A

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Here about a month ago, I was riding 80 or so (15 above the limit)on a local state highway. I passed a radar set up by a county sherriff, who was at the bottom of a hill. He had me cold. I clearly deserved a ticket. As I passed him he gave me a thumbs-up. I was very lucky because on my way back home 2 hours later, he had someone pulled over in the same spot. I bet the guy was a biker.

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
:thumb: :thumb:
krodwi said:
Here about a month ago, I was riding 80 or so (15 above the limit)on a local state highway. I passed a radar set up by a county sherriff, who was at the bottom of a hill. He had me cold. I clearly deserved a ticket. As I passed him he gave me a thumbs-up. I was very lucky because on my way back home 2 hours later, he had someone pulled over in the same spot. I bet the guy was a biker.
:thumb:

yep probably a biker, that's very cool

Looking forward to my father in law's next visit - he's retired Denver PD (35 yrs) he rides a Road King & he's excited to try out this DX here..... I'm guessing another convert will result! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had two cycle cops in Trenton NJ pull up to me and comment how sweey my ride was. When the light changed to green they pulled way rather quickly and I just chilled and motored away with them in front.

·
Registered
256 Posts
can't trust'em

I had this happen to me last week at the eye dr."s, I come out to check on the meeter and there stands 2 cops and they begin to walk away. I knew I had time left, but not sure how much. I said I didn't run out of time did I? There responce was "nope just thinking of stealing your bike". Now I know they were just checking it out, but I responded " thats why people don't trust cops!" They got back in there unmarked pig cage and left. :chair:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Troopers love riding too....

NY Trooper here. Another guy in my station also has a VRod and he loves it. This last weekend around 15 of us went out riding from three different agencies and rode around 150 miles. Out of the 15 bikes 4 were VRods including mine. Great day good company; even through the majority of them were stinky donkeys :D

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
My first weekend with my bike I got pulled over for "drag racing" and had to do the whole street drunk test too...anyway, I still had the paper plate on and the second cop was all drooling over the bike so I knew I wasn't getting a ticket. Ended up telling me I should take it home for the night. The paper plate I think saved me - I told them I was still breaking it in, why the hell would I be drag racing on the streets?

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
We have the local police patrol our business parking lot about once a week. When I first bought my bike I had it in the parking lot and one of the guys came in and told me that a cop was parked next to my bike for about 5 minutes. I thought oh, crap. Now they'll be looking for me. Turns out, everytime I see them in town, they wave to me. Pretty cool.

·
HooYah !
399 Posts
VRSCA + Badge here.

Dad rides an Ultra Classic with his Badge.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts