Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Ron.
I am sorry. In text under you advise me to check voltage TPS. And I ask you for a reason because I thought that about wrong voltage inform codes.

Dariusz:)
It should throw a code but not always as most codes are a timed event. I'd still do a sweep on the voltage from idle to wfo and see if it's a smooth transition with no drop outs. You can probe the TPS itself or the ECM wire terminal for that signal wire. Only takes a minute.
Ron

·
Registered
Vrscdx 2008
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi.
Thank you. How to check it? I have 2008 VRSC Models Electrical Diagnostics Manual but did not to find it:(
D.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Hi.
Thank you. How to check it? I have 2008 VRSC Models Electrical Diagnostics Manual but did not to find it:(
D.
Back probe the GY/V wire on the TPS. Positive from multimeter and then to ground. Meter set to 12v dc. Turn key on and rotate the throttle slowly. Should start at around .043-.047 and end up around 4.3+ ish at full throttle with no voltage breaks from start to finish. Don't have an 08 manual but view the schematic you have and follow that tps signal to the ecm for the number location. You can back probe from there as well, same procedure. Saves removing the air box that way. I believe it will be pin #24 at the ECM. 2006 and 2013 both show the same number for tps signal.
Ron

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
# 4 will have the wire. To see the ECM numbers on the plug you need to remove the cover. Disconnect the plug from ECM, cut the zip tie, remove the grey cover shell. Use a suitable pin or short piece of wire in the 24 slot and multi meter it there. Clear any codes after, if some show up. That's covered in the forum search function on the how to. Direct probing of the #4 in the picture GY/V will not throw codes but the airbox has to come off for access to that sensor.
Ron

·
Registered
Vrscdx 2008
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi.
I checked TPS. It started from 0,55 to 4,36. Is 0,55 ok?

D

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Hi.
I checked TPS. It started from 0,55 to 4,36. Is 0,55 ok?

D
It's high but not unusual. This is not the issue in your case. Normal range at idle for TPS is .043-.047. If your idle behavior is ok at that tps setting, no reason to mess with it.
Roln

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Hmmm :( Any advice?
D
Other then tune related leanness causing the hesitation, not sure what else it can be as it's rpm specific, more or less. Look for any air leaks at the throttle body boots and make sure that rubber cap is on the rear throttle body side tube. Any amount of unwanted air into the engine other then the throttle body blades will lean the mixture. As for coils, these tend to show problems under high load, where it takes good spark to handle the extra cylinder pressures. Not rpm specific but more load specific. This applies to spark plugs also. Speaking of that .055 tps reading, have you mucked with the throttle body screws recently?
Ron

·
Registered
Vrscdx 2008
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
“have you mucked with the throttle body screws recently?” I don’t understand.
D

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
“have you mucked with the throttle body screws recently?” I don’t understand.
D
Have you adjusted the front or rear screws on the throttle body? Generally the volts at idle are lower then your .055 from the factory. Keep in mind, this is not your issue anyway, just currious.
Ron

21 - 31 of 31 Posts