Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
How low was the bike gas tank before you poured in how much premix ? You went from what almost empty to a quarter tank ? 50 - 1 ratio ? How old was premix ? Best to suck out fuel in tank & refill with fresh premium gas & Sea Foam cleaner in the proper ratio - if you have no way of doing that or worried about a fire, if you didn't put much premix in there top the tank with fresh premium and Sea Foam and ride it out - If it fouled a spark plug you may have to replace both plugs, but hopefully not, it may regain it's composure after getting fresh gas & Sea Foam cleaner thru the injectors.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was low on gas all a freind had was some 2stroke oil gas mixture. I didn’t think a little bit would cause a problem but it did should I drain fuel or fill tank so it leans out the oul
Damn dude. How far from a gas station or how low on money were you? I would drain out the gas and pour a few litres of new gas in. Drain that out as well and then put more fresh gas and hope for the best. Some seafoam wouldn’t be a bad idea either. Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
😱 you added 2cycle oil that’s like putting Diesel in a car. You might have to take whole fuel ⛽ system out and clean with card
Cleaner or other product. You can try gas ⛽ for couple tanks if it starts and might want to change plus after it starts running & you must take out take out fuel ⛽ tank remove back tire 🛞 and pull it out but you can try to get sending unit out with out removing tank clean it really well carefully and use long reach sponge or something scrub tank with straight sea foam don’t put sending unit back till you Siphon out everything really well put straight 91+ octane with right mixture of sea foam put back it try to run it if don’t run whole system needs to be cleaned like fuel ⛽ lines and both spark plugs extra. Then try to start it hopefully 🤞 it’ll run. If not then do carburetors that should fix it.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Generally a small amount of 2 stroke pre mix won't hurt much, short term. Two negative side effects are premixed 2 stroke oil reduces fuel octane rating that the bike requires, which can promote detonation in high load operations and causes carbon deposits. Pretty sure the O2 sensors won't like it much if bike is so equipped. Drain it , fill with fresh fuel and ride it.
Ron

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
After porting & polishing, installing Wiseco racing pistons, Denco chambers and rejetted Mikuni carbs on a Kawi H1 500cc back in the mid 70's and creating a wheelie monster I'm ready to see what a 1250cc 2 Stroke V Rod would do ! 2 1/2 times the displacement and 5 times the adrenalin rush ! We just dump the valves & cam chain baloney, put an expansion chamber on both sides of the bike, new 2 Stroke cylinders, change the ignition & injection, and create a brand new for 2023 " Widowmaker " !! Mix up the Castrol R bean oil for that delicious exhaust aroma and race it around town treating everyone to the sight, sound and smell of a 2 stroke street bike day gone by !! Or easier yet just mix Castrol R 2 stroke oil in the fuel at a high ratio where you get the burning bean taco smell but it still runs well - ride & enjoy !! (y):ROFLMAO: You get it running good again Jack bomeke ? :cool:

·
Registered
668 Posts
After porting & polishing, installing Wiseco racing pistons, Denco chambers and rejetted Mikuni carbs on a Kawi H1 500cc back in the mid 70's and creating a wheelie monster I'm ready to see what a 1250cc 2 Stroke V Rod would do ! 2 1/2 times the displacement and 5 times the adrenalin rush ! We just dump the valves & cam chain baloney, put an expansion chamber on both sides of the bike, new 2 Stroke cylinders, change the ignition & injection, and create a brand new for 2023 " Widowmaker " !! Mix up the Castrol R bean oil for that delicious exhaust aroma and race it around town treating everyone to the sight, sound and smell of a 2 stroke street bike day gone by !! Or easier yet just mix Castrol R 2 stroke oil in the fuel at a high ratio where you get the burning bean taco smell but it still runs well - ride & enjoy !! (y):ROFLMAO: You get it running good again Jack bomeke ? :cool:
Did they readjust your meds again? Or is it you are missing Destroys mean posts and $2 gas?? 🤪
Other than running hot and fouling plugs (smoking), I don't see the damage being done from some mixed 2 cycle gas........ on pins and needles here ...........

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Frogman - New Meds yea :ROFLMAO: - Ever own a two smoker ? Every so many exhaust pulses you can get a growing circle of exhaust smoke from the expansion chamber - just appears out of nowhere and floats away from the bike. I convinced a friend of a friend to build a Kawi 750cc H2 drag bike - he built the engine and chassis and it really ripped down the strip, screaming wildly with blue smoke behind it all the way - BIG 2 Stroke FUN !! (y):cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts