Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Thanks for the welcome messages. Is it proper for me to respond by sending a new thread, or is there a different "reply" method I should use?
How do I add a description of my bike & equipment like I see below some of the replies?
How do I bring in photos to the left column here & to the gallery?
Saw a photo in the gallery of throw-over saddle bags on a V-Rod & would love to find some that fit well. (Not fond of the hard bags)
To Val/Supermoderator: Wife said "ouch" before we were rolling on stock gunfighter seat. Optional passenger pillion with sissy bar & pad was better but pillion slopes forward & pegs are already high & tight. Sundowner seat was the solution. Improved my seat too, & the rear seat now slopes back to the sissy bar pad. Then my HD dealer found KuryAkin (sp?) rear peg extensions for me. Look & work great. All chrome. Swivel 360 degrees at both ends. Fold nicely & place feet ~2" forward & wider. Huge improvement for passenger, but they weigh a ton! I thought about making my own duplicates from titanium at my shop, but it's big $. Hope to share pictures soon.
To Zenhog: Was G. Tochterman a Hinsdale teacher/drama coach?

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, another thing: Can anyone share the results of changing to the 28 tooth front sproket: More torque at the low end?How much reduction in top speed at red line (in any gear)?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Allen if you use the search option at the top right and use the keyword tooth you will probably bring up a fairly long list of threads about the 28 tooth pulley change.

Usually I try to make all responses in the same thread.

Max

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Allen Lake said:
How do I add a description of my bike & equipment like I see below some of the replies?
How do I bring in photos to the left column here & to the gallery?
You can do the first two in your profile. Click on Profile where it shows up at the top right side of any page on the forums. That will take you to your User Control Panel.

To add a description of your bike and equipment at the bottom of your replies, click on Edit Options (near the top towards the left of the page). About half-way down that page, you'll see the Signature heading and a box on the right-hand side where you can enter text. You can type your description there or anything else you want to have show up at the bottom of your posts.

When you're done, either use your Back function in your browser or else click on My vB Home.

Then click on Edit Options.

The small photos you see in the left-hand column on the threads under people's names are called avatars.

On the Edit Options page, scroll down to the bottom where it says Avatar. Click on the "more information" link. It will step you through making and adding an avatar. You have to have a digital image that is 125 X 125. If you have something you want to use and don't have the software to re-size it small enough, you can send it to one of the Mods (except Kaz) and we'll help you out with that.

To add photos into a post, you can easily attach a file from the New Thread or Post Reply pages. If you want to add a photo into a reply to existing thread, click on the Post Reply button that is at the bottom right-hand side of the last post in the thread. The Post Reply page will come up.

Towards the bottom of the page on the left (under the smilies and under Options), you'll see where it says Attach file.

If you are adding a photo that is stored on your computer, click on the Browse button, find the file on your computer, and then click on it. It's location on your computer will then show up in the little box there to the left of the Browse button.

Be sure that the size of the photo is 122800 bytes or less (mine are always too big and I have to shrink them in Photoshop or some other imaging software before I can post them).

When you're done entering text and attaching the photo, then click on Submit Reply.

Other Admins/Mods - edit as necessary.

Val

·
Registered
139 Posts
Allen,

I think Gary T. from Keene worked at a small construction firm or manufacturing company as an accountant.

BW

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Welcome Allen!

It'll be great seeing you out on the roads and in the forums! We only have a couple of us regulars from NE. Check out the NE Registry and add yourself there...

The easiest way to make low end torque is to V-Mod your SE Slip-on's or send out your Stock slip-ons for V-mod. Both have distinctly different sound, but most importantly both open up the torque curve and provide you a usable amount between 2000 and 3000 rpm. The feel of the additional torque everywhere on the curve is great, but having some below 3000 is the part you notice mostly.

If you ride with a full face helmet, then the V-Mod SE's will give you a quieter highway sound. Search the forums, there are many opinions to read on this subject.

Welcome again...

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Allen - Many of us have been through the passenger pain issue. I tried the Kuraykin extensions but they stick out too far for my taste. I used ChopperSteve's (VMOD.COM) extensions which are longer, don't stick out as far, and are ratcheted. I put Kuraykin mini-boards on and the wife really likes them. I also embedded the passenger bar in the middle of the pad which results in a couple more inches of seat. Pictures are in my gallery.

Lots of good stuff here. Welcome.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts