Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Yesterday was my first time in a real bike show at Hot Rods and Harleys in Rahway, NJ. I placed 2nd in the V-Rod category and got my first trophy. It was a little disturbing comparing my bike with the bike that won. He must have known the judges or something. Other than that it was a pretty good day. There was a stunt show with Bubba Blackwell who was doing some stunts on V-rod and all other HD models. I also met Batman. I guess he wasn't too busy that day. Here are some pics of the event. There are more in my gallery. The silver Vrod is the one that one first place. Notice the SWEET reflectors on his shocks and the stuffed animal in his bag.?

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
First place - with a windshield???
Yours is better.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
well done lou -

not everyone can find robins weak spot that quick....:D

it seems as always its not who you are but who you know... the bike show i run at our poker run/rodeo... each person who enters is a judge. they get a card and fill out the numbers in the catagories and i tally them up. its the fairest way ive found so far..

bubba is da man... ask him he will tell you I tought him how to jump..:D

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Congrats Lou. I wish I could have made it, but I had to much going on.

Actually Batman is Gene Ortiz. He is Newark cop and a customer of ours in the Belleville store. You'll see his car there all the time when we put new toys in it for him.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Yea pretty strange. he didnt even really have anything done to it. Stock exhaust, paint, wheels, etc. Nothing really out of the ordinary.
Thats why I hate bike shows man, no doubt yours was way better but it was probably judged by some idiot who doesn't know shit about v-rods.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Congrats Lou. I suggest adding that Walmart reflector set for further shows if you want 1st. You were dogged. The only way that they could have done that is if it was judged on cleanliness and yours was dirtier or closest to a stock ride.

How are the shocks now, any better?

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Dang Lou, you have managed to do it again,,,,,,with GREAT PICS! Your bike looks much better than the Windshielded Bike!

It is kind of cool that Batman got to meet the Great Pumpkin!

I was showing my son the Batman pics and what bike won what place, and he said that Your bike should have gotten 1st!

Good Job Lou!!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
"Notice the SWEET reflectors on his shocks and the stuffed animal in his bag.?"

That must have been the "mod" that won!

You got rooked, but congrats on the trophy anyhow. Nice bike, friend.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts