41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
You Gotta it Bro!;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
The easy switch thing is one reason why I went to the aftermarket. While I do have the needed tools to perform the switch, I thought it was possible I'd switch back & forth and thought it was easier.

Another big reason is performance. The aftermarket ones are aluminum, while it may not last as long as the HD steel ones will it's a lot lighter, a whole lot lighter. This is reduced rotational inertia, which translates into increased accelleration. How much? I don't know. FYI: the HD 30T is 3.26lbs and the V-Mod 29T is 1.26lbs. That's big.

I did find that I'm all the way out on the adjusters and I swear I can feel the difference in handling, bike feels longer. I've got an '04 belt on order.

FYI: the TT 28T was a lot more expensive to me, I could have had the HD kit for ~$160, TT's was $220 + a belt. Not only would I prefer to support the guy who did the initial R&D, but I think it's a better solution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ketsugo said:
Robin, you said earlier you could feel NO difference?!?

John
Huhh?

Find it, as I recall I said something to the effect of "you'll call me crazy, but I swear I can feel the difference pushing the rear wheel all the way out made"

or something along those lines.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
My mistake, I misread your post over there. You stated,

And call me crazy, but I swear I can feel the handling difference pushing the wheel all the way back makes.

John

·
Registered
255 Posts
M Maxx....so your saying an 04 belt with a V MOd pulley is the best way to go in your opinion?? I see you say a 29t belt rather than the 28t is this correct?

I don't want axle extenders I want the OEM fit finish if all possible

That is a huge weight difference your right of unsprung weight

I guess after I will need to go to the dealer for a re cal on the speedo maybe a quick flash

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm running the TT 28T. ~500 mi so far.

I really like the way the bike feels with the 28T. Huge improvement over the 30T

Today just put the Avon 200 on.

Will know more after the weekend.

Still running 03 belt (04 was on backorder, it'll be here wed.)
I'm at the end of the adusters and it's a tad on the loose side.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is there a big difference in the 28 tooth pully from teh stock 2003 pully?

Doug

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
YES!:diablo:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Took my bike "Merc" to the stealer for the following last night:
2500 mi service (at 2950 miles!)
Install of the Metz 200 Rear.
Install of the TurboTec 28 tooth pulley.

I can only wonder what the labor charge will be..... :broke

Mike

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Mike, if they charge you more than 1.25 hrs for the tire and the pulley, they are gouging you. The pulley is a 15 minute job.

John

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is thaere a noticeable difference from the stock to the 28t sprocket?

Doug

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
sospolice yes there is a noticeable difference at low speeds and initial clutch engagment. I had the 28 tooth and went back to the 30 tooth because of the increased rpm at higher cruising speeds. The 28tooth pulley will reduce your speed by 7% .

Max

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Stealer tried to talk me into the H/D flash for the 28-tooth pulley... I said I was ok with the difference in the speedo... They said that it also needed it for the EFI system with a small ratio gear??!?!?!? I told them to pound sand and that if that were true, I would fix with the power commander. I am QUICKLY loosing faith in my stealership. Doug (pintVrod) or Lisa, no comment is necessary......

Mike

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
re: All this 28tooth stuff. With the syn oil, I never hesitate pulling away from a light, love the way the clutch works, and couldn't stand the increased rpm when cruising. So I guess I agree with Max on the 30t.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts