1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MWT III/IV/V alumni
859 Posts
I think you need a new belt(149tooth)

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
No it will not bolt right up, the mounting flange is bigger on the 02 and 03 to fit the 30T. modding the flange or pulley will be needed. or buying a 04 and newer flange will work. but the stock belt will work. I have a modded 28 T on my 03 with the stock belt, but its almost out of adjustment

·
Registered
79 Posts
just a little simple grinding for clearance or is this a major deal? I'll search for more info....I'm looking for an easy mod to lower the gearing a bit.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I would change the pulley flange and replace the plastic grommet, I just did mine and the hardest part was finding the 30mm socket that was thin enough or grinding a good sports fancy dancy new one! (thanks again 70road) then you can swap any pulley at any time without hassle...

·
Registered
79 Posts
payment sent. Thanks for the info, guys....I'll be searching for more info and part numbers on what I need to do with the flange and grommet.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
payment sent. Thanks for the info, guys....I'll be searching for more info and part numbers on what I need to do with the flange and grommet.
just go to your local dealer and order the parts. or better yet call and get a part number and go to Chicago HD.com and save some money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts