Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
BEFORE I change to the 28T

At 80mph my 03 is pulling 5000rpm (30T pulley)

Would someone let me know what the 28T will pull at the same speed and also 90mph ?

Thanks for you help

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Hi Peter, there is a 7% difference between the 28T and the 30T pulley. Therefore, if you are at 5000 rpm at 80 mph with the 30T you will be at 5350 rpm with the 28T. Sorry, don't know what it would be at 90 mph - but all you'd have to do is add 7% to what it is for you now.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Icehawk, There is approximately 7% increase in RPM going from a 30T to a 28T. So if you are going 5000 RPM @ 80 MPH on a 30T, then multiply by 1.07 and you will get the 28T reading or approx. 5350 RPM @ 80 MPH.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
fehrc said:
Hi Peter, there is a 7% difference between the 28T and the 30T pulley. Therefore, if you are at 5000 rpm at 80 mph with the 30T you will be at 5350 rpm with the 28T. Sorry, don't know what it would be at 90 mph - but all you'd have to do is add 7% to what it is for you now.
Apparently, you type faster than I do.... :laugh:

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
LOL
Well, at least our stories jive!

Peter, one more thing. If you are still not sure whether or not to make the move to a 28T pulley - DO IT! You will love it. I hardly even noticed the change in RMPs at the top end but noticed a HUGE change at the bottom end. Take off power is so much better now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Craig
All I needed was a bit reasuramce for me to make my mind up - I will get the pulley ordered as soon as Steve at v-mod replies to my email I sent him !
I was in Canada (Quebec) in February - my son plays ice hockey here in the UK and played the "canadians" at home !! (under 19`s team - we won 4 lost 1 drew 1)

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
icehawk said:
Hi Craig
All I needed was a bit reasuramce for me to make my mind up - I will get the pulley ordered as soon as Steve at v-mod replies to my email I sent him !
I was in Canada (Quebec) in February - my son plays ice hockey here in the UK and played the "canadians" at home !! (under 19`s team - we won 4 lost 1 drew 1)
Hey Icehawk, do you know Shannon Taylor or his dad Steve?, they were out there with the UK contingent then too.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
icehawk said:
Hi Everyone
BEFORE I change to the 28T

At 80mph my 03 is pulling 5000rpm (30T pulley)

Would someone let me know what the 28T will pull at the same speed and also 90mph ?

Thanks for you help
Has anything been done to your bike like maybe the dealer flashed the new '04 SE flash. I'm asking because 5000 rpm @ 80mph is what I get with the 28T! I was at 4750 rpm with the 30T. The new flash will reset you speedometer calibration variable. Have someone follow you and confirm that you're actually going as fast as you indicate.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
icehawk said:
Hi Craig
All I needed was a bit reasuramce for me to make my mind up - I will get the pulley ordered as soon as Steve at v-mod replies to my email I sent him!
Peter, I would call Steve. I've always had much better success calling then emailing.

icehawk said:
Congratulations to your son. Quebec is a beautiful province. I hope you got a chance to spend some time in Montreal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts