Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,229 Posts
Edit: Whoops-- I thought you said 260. From what I understand, the 280 will fit as well.

It fits perfectly, looks great, and is actually a bit lighter than the stock rubber.

You will want the following for Metzlers:

Front: Metzeler ME880 Marathon 120/70/19
Rear: Metzeler ME880 Marathon XXL 260/40/18

R.

·
VRSCF
1,307 Posts
for the last 15k/3 tyres Ive run Metz 260mm. Feels great, lighter, nice handling in all weathers until the last 500 mile or so when you can feel it squaring off

a 260mm is supposed to run on an 8.5" rim and a 280mm recommended to be on a 10" rim according to Metzeler, but a few people are running them.

Not sure you can actually use all the tyre though due to it bulging out at the edges (anyone got well used 280 pics?)....you can use all the 260mm ; you can get all the way to the edge as the footpegs touch down :)

Spec below from Metzeler

Attachments

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Nice 6 year thread revival.
The answer to your question is NO, it will not fit a 2006 VSCRD or a VRSCD either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The answer to your question is NO, it will not fit a 2006 VSCRD or a VRSCD either.
Thanks ..I m just a newbie on V rod
Do you know by chance what the best option if I want to mode it to the 280 at tire..where can I find parts
Thanks

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
You have a narrow frame bike, 2007 and up were the wide frame bikes. The widest you can go without major issues and $$$$$ would be the 240 budget mod. Parts are not easy to come by for a motorcycle that has been out of production for years.

Reactions: lporschem5

·
Registered
460 Posts
Amazing on how many ask if it will fit inside the bike, but few actually ask if it will fit the rim. Rim width changes the profile of the tire, which will affect handling. Most tire manufacturers have charts on what tire sizes are recommended for rim widths.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
It does kinda tell the "real riders" from the "posers''

GOTTA LOVE THEM FAT TIRE V-ROD's

<iframe width="882" height="496" src="
" title="How to Crash Like A Boss- Shirtless Harley Guy Falls Off Bike" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Will an 8.5 or 10" rim fit on a 2006 frame? I've had 260 metz on mine for the last 2 tires, not real issues to speak of. I'd like a 280 but not on the stock rim.

Rim suggestions?
I doubt the extra 0.5" on an 8.5 will make the 280 tyre fit any better, even if it would fit, and a 10" definitely won't fit without modifying the swingarm or changing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts