Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey eveyone, I just wanted to throw out that I to have installed the 280 metz on my 09 DX. I really needed a tire and the tire shop only had a used 260. I have been riding with this tire for several thousand miles without a concern in the world. I ride hard and scrape pegs and exhaust and can tell you that it handles better than a 260. The tire has more of a crown to it making it easier to lean. The tire has seen alot of stress as I am 300lbs and I ride 2 up with my wife and ride just the same with her on back. The concern about the tire rolling off the rim an be put to rest in my oprinion. I will not buy another tire than the 280 metz. Feel free to tell me that I am an idiot and risking life and limb. It feels way more stable than with the 240, 250 or the 260 IMHO.

Reactions: 13rdv

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
your right there will be some that tell you, your an idiot and they know it all because they read it someplace on the internet.

how about a picture, so they can tell you how ugly it is too.................:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i say if it works run with it. happy trails

·
SJP↓My Horse↓
460 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I'm feeling pretty free.
It can't be done.People will die.If you ever did this it would be ugly.Only an idiot would do something like this.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im trying to upload from my phone bit its taking forever. But there are several members here that see it weekly! Sit tight!

·
Registered
672 Posts
i have seen it and it looks good and seems to be wearing ok also.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[/attach]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A little fuzzy but I think you can make it out.

2010-12-06_08-33-30_670.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
That does not look bad, and you will not die. I think back when I thought about putting a 280 on an 8" wheel it was recommended by metzler, not to do it, they were recommending the widest would that should be used was a 260 on an 8".

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
He has Arnott's. I know the bike. His rear suspension is the same as mine is Why I ask. I could have been more clear about which air I guess but I figured Jay would know what I meant.

1 - 20 of 312 Posts