Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been told by my dealer that they will not order the kit - because HD do not make it available to International markets. Further, the 28 tooth kit will not be on 04 VRSCA and VRSCB's released for sale outside the USA.

WTF is with that MoCo?????:mad:

I can order the kit, have it shipped to a mate in the USA who brings stuff to Oz everyday in his business, but the ECM and Speedo fix is "see you dealer" and mine can't help me.

This is for you HD :slap2:

So if I wanted it, what do you think is the best way to go?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
It's not uncommon for HD to have different gear sets for different markets. Typically the international market gets higher gears since it's perceived they (you) do more high speed driving legally.

I remember that Buells were shipped to Europe with much taller gears and the gear sets were not made available in the US. Many imported them from dealers in Europe.

You could call one of the on-line dealers and see if they would ship it to you along with the flash module that has the 28T adjustment. The dealer, unless they are pric*s, shouldn't have any issues loading the flash. Your other option is to purchase a Race Tuner from that same dealer. The current version allows for the 28T correction (unless it's locked out with Non-US ECM part numbers). Nothing in the documentation states that however. Shipping it to your friend who brings thing to OZ on a regular basis is another option.

The other option is to get the gear by itself from Mainstreet or TurboTec along with the speedo correction hardware.

Damn it John, you beat me again :cool:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!:plause

1 - 4 of 4 Posts