Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that the 28 tooth sprocket is now part of the original equipment for the 2004 V-Rod Vs to the 30 Tooth for the 2003. In Canada the conversion kit is available from HD for $444.95 MSRP CDN plus HD says you require dealer installed ECM recalibration. First, is it worth the difference to convert and if it is, what is the performance enhancement? What are the alternatives to HD's parts?

Michel

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Michel said:
Noticed that the 28 tooth sprocket is now part of the original equipment for the 2004 V-Rod Vs to the 30 Tooth for the 2003. In Canada the conversion kit is available from HD for $444.95 MSRP CDN plus HD says you require dealer installed ECM recalibration. First, is it worth the difference to convert and if it is, what is the performance enhancement? What are the alternatives to HD's parts?

Michel
Michel, perfect timing to ask these questions. We have a group buy of the Turbo Tech 28t sprocket going on right now!! It is something that just about anyone can do on their own with the help of the great people in the forum. It makes the bike more fun I have been told so I am on the list of buyers. It has some other advantages too, you can do a search for it on the forum and find more info. The TT(Turbo Tech) sprocket is also on a huge discount for the next week thanks to our good friend Kaz. Check out the group buy section and take advantage!! :kaz:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan!
I would like, however, to first get more information on performance and other people's experiences.

Michel

Dan said:
Michel, perfect timing to ask these questions. We have a group buy of the Turbo Tech 28t sprocket going on right now!! It is something that just about anyone can do on their own with the help of the great people in the forum. It makes the bike more fun I have been told so I am on the list of buyers. It has some other advantages too, you can do a search for it on the forum and find more info. The TT(Turbo Tech) sprocket is also on a huge discount for the next week thanks to our good friend Kaz. Check out the group buy section and take advantage!! :kaz:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Belt adjustment is required, some bikes don't have enough adjustment left to get it tight, other have no problem. There's a shorter belt available separately that comes with the kit from HD or you can get extenders from Sam that allow the cams to push the axle farther back. Of course speedometer recalibration is required but there's various way to do that. Have the dealer flash it, flash one of the new SE performance maps that include the 28T calibration, use the Race Tuner and reset the calibration of use an external recalibration unit sold by V-Mods.com.

This topic is very well documented on this site, do a search on "pulley" ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts