Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been talked about, discussed, and put to bed numerous times, but...for those of you with the 28 tooth pully, is there a noticable improvment?

My main riding is scoots around town and poker runs. I plan on a Sturgis trip this summer but I can safely say that touring is not the main reason I own a V-Rod. So...what you think?

Doug

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Try it you'll like it !If not switch back it's No Big Deal!:cool:

·
2,552 Posts
Re: 28 tooth pulley

sospolice said:
for those of you with the 28 tooth pulley, is there a noticeable improvement?

So...what you think?

Doug
ABSOLUTELY:diablo: IMHO it is one of the best mods available. It really brings the V-Rod to life. I have it, I love it and would never go back to a 30 tooth. I do caution you, If you are opposed to wearing a great big smile, then do not try it. Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
It makes a huge, huge difference. The bike is much more fun to ride. Starting from a standing start is much easier and acceleration is better.

Just my opinion and another data point.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Frank ,
put some Real Gear in the Bike and raise the rev limit 1500rpm and see what she does!:eek: Oh Ya make about 75rwhp more too.;)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Had a Couple Major Set Backs!"Pistons and Sleaves were stolen at Machine shop.6-8weeks to get new ones!:mad:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Sure Does!:banghead

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK then...I'm convinced...that will be my next mod...should I go with the HD kit or do you guys suggest something else?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
How about support the guy who developed it?Sam at Turbo Tec USA 1-602-242-6099.TELL'M I REFERD YA!;)

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Kaz,

You keep saying he developed it but the part has been sitting on the shelf at HD for 4 years. It was the original spec part right up until a few months before production.

Just to set the record straight, Sam designed the aftermarket pulley that fits the 30T flange, All aftermarket 28T pulleys are either his or copies. HD's kit includes a new, smaller flange. Two ways to solve the same problem.

·
DX Rider
630 Posts
Sounds like the 28T is for you given the kind of riding and where you will be riding.

I don't buy the 28T is much more fun for everyone. Depends on the rider and the roads. The V-Rod with the 30T can still accelerate more than I'm interested in handling. Plus, jack rabbit starts or getting from one stoplight to the next as fast as possible is not my cup of tea. I spend a good amount of time on highways and like the nice loping RPM's of the 30T.

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
30 Tooth set up Rules!

4,000 rpm at 70mph is perfect for my bike and for me. If I wanted to jump my 150 lb. ass off the line any quicker.....I guess I could by a Jap bike that weighs over 100 lbs less. I love the freeway smoothness and ability to go all the way though an intetsection before shifting to second gear!!:2cents

·
Registered
696 Posts
Has anybody noted the the RPM's with a 30t and a 28t at say 65MPH and maybe 75MPH???

I would be interested to know the differance. :confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
What gear 2Tone?
:)

Honestly, I don't notice a difference between the two in 4th or 5th. Only on the lower gears...mainly 1st and 2nd. And its not like taking off from a stop light is now an "uncontrollable launch". Its very controllable, but much tighter. A lot less lag on that initial glide out of the friction zone on the clutch in 1st gear. The higher gears feel unchanged and RPM's probably within a couple hundred - give or take.

BTW, the 28t is stock now in the 04's...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.