Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed my new 28 tooth front pulley. THANKS to previous posts and the SEARCH I had a good background about what I was in for in the change over from 30 to 28. I purchased a front sprocket and flange and was ready to go. In all my tool boxes there was no 30 mm thin wall socket and it was late at nite so next step was to make the 30 tooth OEM flange fit with the smaller 28 tooth pulley. Someone had mentioned the dremel tool being used to cut down the too long arms on the flange. Well laying on a roller on my back I got comfortable and turned up the music. I cut off about 1/8 inch from each arm and touched up the ends so the 28 tooth pulley would fit snug. Put everything back and adjusted the belt. On my Frankenstein trike I have about 1/2 inch adjustment left on the 150 tooth belt. I used the same bolts and red loctite 70 ft lbs torqued. The v rod trike runs great now its back to its old self and pulls great off the line. I'm really glad I made this change. curley

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Geat to hear that it worked out for you Sir.

You could just put ear plugs in...LOL

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rsc s training how to videos on you tube helped a lot

THANKS rsc. and your videos helped give me the confidence to tackle these mods. I hope that you are doing well after getting rear ended . let me know if you need anymore parts to get you vrod back together again. curley

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
pm sent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts