Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spent ALL night last night doing the pulley and lowering setup. First my impressions of the pulley. I dont know if its because the 07DX came with a 28T stock or what, but I really dont notice much of a difference. Worth doing for sure, mostly because of the $/happiness ratio but I cant say I would do it as high up on my list of mods. Install was pretty easy with some pre-install words of wisdom from other members here. Loosen the rear wheel, 3 bolts off the pulley, pulley twists off the flange, tap for new bolts, new pulley and reverse of removal. Total install time was about 45 min including a potty break.

The lowering is a totally different story. Im impressed with the quality of the 11.5" works shocks and progressive front fork springs. Ride is totally different (better) now as the stock shock were $hit. I have already scraped the bottom 3 times now as bumps I went over before are now too high. Looks tough over that 240 in the rear even with the platypus rear fender. I have pics of just the rear done and both front and rear so I will post those later.

Drag bars came in today along with the V-Gauge and K&N filter. Waiting on my new airbox and rear fender from JE Illusions as well as the headlight parts I ordered this morning from the B model. Will post pics as she progresses.

Take care,

Rodric

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, Turbotec. Awesome service, had the thing in 3 days even with the 4th holiday. Came with a nice tap as well.

·
Scott
492 Posts
07DX said:
So I spent ALL night last night doing the pulley and lowering setup. First my impressions of the pulley. I dont know if its because the 07DX came with a 28T stock or what, but I really dont notice much of a difference. Worth doing for sure, mostly because of the $/happiness ratio but I cant say I would do it as high up on my list of mods. Install was pretty easy with some pre-install words of wisdom from other members here. Loosen the rear wheel, 3 bolts off the pulley, pulley twists off the flange, tap for new bolts, new pulley and reverse of removal. Total install time was about 45 min including a potty break.

The lowering is a totally different story. Im impressed with the quality of the 11.5" works shocks and progressive front fork springs. Ride is totally different (better) now as the stock shock were $hit. I have already scraped the bottom 3 times now as bumps I went over before are now too high. Looks tough over that 240 in the rear even with the platypus rear fender. I have pics of just the rear done and both front and rear so I will post those later.

Drag bars came in today along with the V-Gauge and K&N filter. Waiting on my new airbox and rear fender from JE Illusions as well as the headlight parts I ordered this morning from the B model. Will post pics as she progresses.

Take care,

Rodric
What did you mean by "$/happiness"? I'm assuming you wouldn't spend the money again...?

I'm considering 11.5" Progressive shocks on my 05 A. Did you do the rear install first and take the bike out to see how that felt without the front lowering done? If so, would you still recomend the front being lowered along with the back at 11.5"? What if you only went down to 12" from the stock 13"? Would like to know your thoughts...

·
Slammed
68 Posts
I ordered the slam kit from Arlen Ness which dropped my rear end 1 inch (equivalent to 11 1/2 inches). It basically pushes the rear forks out and down so it changes the angle slightly. For $100.00 it looks bad ass, but it's low where I have to take it easy on corners and bumps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts