Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Nate B
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has aprox. 3000 miles on it. I am going to install a 26T drive sprocket. From what I have read - i believe i have a 151 tooth belt and i am assuming it will work, but i will be nearly at the end of adjustment. Just curious if it is possible to get a shorter belt - 150 or 149? :chainsaw:

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
My bike has aprox. 3000 miles on it. I am going to install a 26T drive sprocket. From what I have read - i believe i have a 151 tooth belt and i am assuming it will work, but i will be nearly at the end of adjustment. Just curious if it is possible to get a shorter belt - 150 or 149? :chainsaw:
Sell me your 151T , I need it to go from a 30T to a 28T on an International bike....

Steve

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
A few months ago someone posted an interactive chart where you can put in the numbers you are interested in like different MPH, and RPM and get lots of different results. I don't remember the exact thread it was on but a SEARCH will turn up what you are looking for. and lots more. hope that helps. curley

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
What kind of top end gain do you get or loose with changing drive gear to 26T?
I made this pdf document in 1007. It's attached to Post 25 in this thread.

You can enter rear tire data and adjust for wear and/or slippage. You can also enter sprocket (pulley) tooth counts, and gear ratio data.

If the "Ground Speed" is set as "Output" then you enter the engine RPM and speed is calculated.

If the "Ground Speed" is set as "Input" then you enter the speed and engine RPM is calculated.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
YEA!!! Thats what I'm talking about , great chart and great job putting it all together. It took me a while to figure out how to work the chart and will a little help finally got it together... thanks again. curley

·
Registered
296 Posts
What about this change and its results on a dyno?.
from what I have read owners have said the torque numbers come up some but I have seen no dyno sheets showing what effects the drive sprocket change really makes.

·
Nate B
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have to agree that there should be gain in the torque - I think I had heard about a 7-8% gain which would not surprise me but I have seen no dyno charts to prove. Depending on how the fuel map I have works I may dyno tune this spring. If I do i may try to get comparisons with both.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
There will be no gains in torque/hp made by switching the pulley. It is all about gear multiplication and nothing more. I have dynoed my bike with both the 28 and 26 tooth pulleys and the numbers were always the same +/- a couple hp.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
There will be no gains in torque/hp made by switching the pulley. It is all about gear multiplication and nothing more. I have dynoed my bike with both the 28 and 26 tooth pulleys and the numbers were always the same +/- a couple hp.
:them:

changing the pulley is in no way going to gain you any horsepower or torque.......

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there a package deal somewhere to buy both a 26T pulley and the correct belt to go with it?

I'm interested for my 2011 VRSCDX...

And no it doesn't increase the torque, it just moves the torque down into the lower RPM's,...Exactly like swapping out for 4:11 gears in your street car.

Thanks...Kevin

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thank you for the honest answer,its the first one I have seen after searching all the threads I could find about this change.

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Is there a package deal somewhere to buy both a 26T pulley and the correct belt to go with it?

I'm interested for my 2011 VRSCDX...

And no it doesn't increase the torque, it just moves the torque down into the lower RPM's,...Exactly like swapping out for 4:11 gears in your street car.

Thanks...Kevin
Scott over @ Fitzgerald Motorsports (look in the group buy section) should be able to hook you up with either or both.

I bought just the 26t pulley and will try to use the stock belt from my 09 VRSCF with his spacers provided. Should be no problem according to him and most others on this forum. Can't wait to feel a little more low end with this thing!

Good luck with the mods!

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
:them:

changing the pulley is in no way going to gain you any horsepower or torque.......
Every time someone asks this or a similar question these same comments come spewing forth. Everyone understands the reasons for gearing up or down. No, it does nothing to change what the engine puts out. It does change the mechanical advantage at the rear wheel, and the vehicle top speed or speed at specific rpms, just like changing gears. Let it go...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Every time someone asks this or a similar question these same comments come spewing forth. Everyone understands the reasons for gearing up or down. No, it does nothing to change what the engine puts out. It does change the mechanical advantage at the rear wheel, and the vehicle top speed or speed at specific rpms, just like changing gears. Let it go...

Yeah, well my black DX will go faster than yur shiny silver bullet cause black makes my engine go faster...:D

Phatass

1 - 20 of 20 Posts