Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to beat this topic to death but I was following the earlier post about the 280 mounted with NO MODS and had a couple questions for the people that have done this. 1 no body came right out and said how wide the 280 is once mounted a measurement would be great 2 once mounted is the 280 taller due to the higher crown 3 if it is taller is it noticeably taller? Buying new tires soon and would really appreciate the info thanks

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Not to beat this topic to death but I was following the earlier post about the 280 mounted with NO MODS and had a couple questions for the people that have done this. 1 no body came right out and said how wide the 280 is once mounted a measurement would be great 2 once mounted is the 280 taller due to the higher crown 3 if it is taller is it noticeably taller? Buying new tires soon and would really appreciate the info thanks
Sorry for not getting back to your PM sooner.

Answer 1... Not sure exactly
Answer 2... Tire is not taller. I cannot give an exact but the tire is 5mm lower profile than the 260 to start with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks is there anyway u can measure the width? It ain't gotta be perfect just close enough for a comparison of the 2 sizes

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do know one thing if this really does fit it can't be that much wider cuz with the stock 240 on the exhaust side I can barely get two fingers between tire and swingarm and that reduces to barely one finger between belt and tire....And that scares me taking the chance and spending the $300 on the 280 lol

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts