Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got less than 500 miles on my DX, but when I do get to 500 I'm going to have the oil changed EARLY (not necessary, but my choice) I also want to throw a 260 tire on it.

What do you recommend for a 260? Metzler's got them, but does Dunlop?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Go with Metzler. You'll find it's better.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Go Metz don't F with the Dunflops

·
Registered
683 Posts
don't take this the wrong way, but I just can't believe that after everything that you have done to your bike including BossNoss,

you havn't even done 500 miles!!!!!

you need to get out there and start riding rather than just modding and posting!!!

like I say, no insult intended, but you've had your bike a while, and after all the money you have put into it (and continue to ) I can't believe that you have done so little riding!!

but I'm with you on the 260... just got to get one to Dubai.....:bash:

·
brett
9,338 Posts
lol,,,,ive spent more time modding than riding also ,,,,,,i havent got the list of stuff updated but ive only done 1200 km,,,,,,lol,,,,but when we do the miles man will we look good,,,,lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tires question; Any truth that you should change the front to the same make as the rear?

Last night I was talking with a bike salesman and he said it was basically a rain situation, that the front tire is designed to channel away the water so the rear tire has a relatively dry path to travel. He used the word "matched". Which of course made me think of "Days of Thunder" and Robert Duval telling Tom Cruise to pass on the outside because they put a set of "matched tires" on :bs: .... Wouldn't the front tire channel away water no matter what tire is on the rear??? What if you don't plan on getting caught in the rain, would it make a difference?

What are you going to do Mark if you go Metz for the rear?
Gonna sell your old, basically new, rear tire? Dibs if the price is right :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
PHXDX said:
I didnt change the front. But, how is a 120mm tire going to clear the way for a 260mm tire?
I don't know.... the same way the bow of a boat cuts through the water for the rest to follow?
I'm just repeating what I was told and I've seen it posted here a few times that you should change both, but no one ever said why.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Abelspeed said:
If you go 260 Metz 880 Marathon, how big can you go in the front????
Abel
Can only go the same size unless you switch to the 18" rim. I just swapped both front and rear for the Metz, did 260 on the rear and stock size on the front, rides great :)

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Hands down, no questions asked, if you change the back to a Metzler 260, change the front to a Metzler as well. You won't be sorry from a look stand point ( in the back ) and performance / handling as well. I've done 2 DX's this way, this year.:2cents:

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
alabama said:
don't take this the wrong way, but I just can't believe that after everything that you have done to your bike including BossNoss,

you havn't even done 500 miles!!!!!

you need to get out there and start riding rather than just modding and posting!!!

like I say, no insult intended, but you've had your bike a while, and after all the money you have put into it (and continue to ) I can't believe that you have done so little riding!!

but I'm with you on the 260... just got to get one to Dubai.....:bash:

I was wondering when he even had time to ride, he's been constantly tearin' that thing down since day one!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts