Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum, have a 08 DX (ABS, denim w vivid black stripe) on order for march 08.

Since I read about the 260-option on the forum....welll...naturally I want one! But how much HP/torque is sacrificed for putting on a 260 instead of keeing the stock 240 rear tire?

Any experiences?

Thanks;

·
Registered
110 Posts
I believe that the 240 OEM dunlop actually wieghs more by a couple lbs than a Mets 260, so there shouldnt be any noticable power loss. It is 20mm wider and I think an 1/8th inch taller but with less weight it should not matter.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I get my 260 Metz 880 put on this THursday or Friday. I'll let you know how it feels on the street compared to the stock 240.

There are a bunch of people with 07's and the 260 and a few already with the 260 on an 08 that can comment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put the 260 on after only 200 miles on the 08....Initially it felt slightly different! But not in the power stakes!

Now It feels just like it should, no wobbles no handling issues! and all the power you would want!

Enjoy the bike when it comes!!

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Man,i cant wait to get my ASS even FATTER!...just cant afford all this at once!..lol!

ive only owned my bike for a little over a week too!...already did first oil change!

Dan

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang...

You guys are quick to respond! Thanks a lot, all of you, my worries are gone :) :angeldev:

Winter is approacing fast now, but when the snow is gone, my new bike will be here...

I do envy you guys who never experience sub-zero temps, I'd love to ride all year. But maybe winter makes me appreciate it even more....:blahblah:

·
Registered
206 Posts
SUB-Zero? You mean it actually goes below 50 somewhere?!? HAHA...I'm ordering a 260 on my '07AW after reading this. Figured why not. LOVE the look of the wider back tire.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Annihilator13 said:
...I'm ordering a 260 on my '07AW after reading this. Figured why not. LOVE the look of the wider back tire.

Wont you need a full conversion to fit that on an AW?

The 260 is a direct swap for the DX.

·
Registered
206 Posts
No, the AW is wide enough to have it slip on. I originally thought so too, but several other forum members have already made the swap. It fits on the stock rim and everything. I'll send pics on Nov 1...or I'll post another comment saying i was wrong..haha.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
AW and DX are one in the same for the 260 mod...

-same wide frame and wide fender
-same wheel width(color diff only)
-same swingarm(color only diff polished vs black)
-same belt and pulleys(color only diff)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts