Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new here. I have never posted yet but I do have a few questions for you fellows. I have a 2015 vrod muscle I just did a 280 rear tire swap along with the 26tooth front pulley change , but I am having an ishue tightneing the rear axle nut with out the key ways falling out ( I know I’m not that bright )
I have tried a few different ways I just want to make sure right be for I even come close to riding it.
I also just put an exhaust on an I am going to mount a power Comander , I’m not sure if I have to make my own map or can I just use a original ? Thanks for the help guys I’m new so don’t rash on me to hard lol thanks
Eric.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hey guys I am new here. I have never posted yet but I do have a few questions for you fellows. I have a 2015 vrod muscle I just did a 280 rear tire swap along with the 26tooth front pulley change , but I am having an ishue tightneing the rear axle nut with out the key ways falling out ( I know I’m not that bright )
I have tried a few different ways I just want to make sure right be for I even come close to riding it.
I also just put an exhaust on an I am going to mount a power Comander , I’m not sure if I have to make my own map or can I just use a original ? Thanks for the help guys I’m new so don’t rash on me to hard lol thanks
Eric.
Eric: Not sure what the key is you are talking about. The axle has cams. As for the PC, a canned map might work or not, depending on exhaust . Most times a good tune is in order. The 26 tooth gives a better off the line feel or launch but the stock 28 will give the same quarter mile numbers, so there' no real gain, only more fuel being burned at cruise.
Ron

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi, I assume you are referring to the little spacers that came with the pulley to add some length? If so you could try some silicone or something similar to temporarily hold them there. Did you try it without them? It might tighten up enough without having to use them. You could try contacting power commander for a map, but it won't be perfect. It may be close though. You can search on here as well, probably find one close on this site. If you are super picky then find a GOOD dyno guy and get it run through. Did I mention GOOD..
Have fun with the bike, you'll love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I am talking about the spacers I will try the silicone thank you An I will also try with out the spacers . I have lag 1-2 witch was for the change of the pulley , I also will try to see one here for the tuners but I don’t belive I have any one in the Boston area with a bike dyno I will try to check more in to it. But thank you guys for the support I do really appreciate it a lot.

·
Back in Black
2,589 Posts
I lift the rear wheel off the ground and pull the wheel back and tight. Then put the spacers a tad to the upper side so when you turn the cam it lines up in correct spot. Wheel bearing grease will sometimes on them temporary. Remember your speedo will be off. i would try to find a map close to your set up and or dyno. or best bet vrfid twin tec$$$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.