Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the 26 tooth pulley from Fitzgerald Motorsports. Wow. Easily the best bang for the buck, I have to be careful because it's easy to pop wheelies now. I called Fitzgerald's with questions and Scott came on the line and answered all my questions. Thanks Scott.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just installed the 26 tooth pulley from Fitzgerald Motorsports. Wow. Easily the best bang for the buck, I have to be careful because it's easy to pop wheelies now. I called Fitzgerald's with questions and Scott came on the line and answered all my questions. Thanks Scott.
What comes stock and what does the 26t pulley achieve? More torque I assume??? How badly will highway speeds be effected?

·
Registered
113 Posts
It does not geve you more torque. It gives the engine more leverage.
I didn't specify engine torque.... I meant torque to the rear wheel.. It might not increase the torque, but it moves the torque.

·
Chad
263 Posts
Great product! It should have came that way stock. No noticable change at highway speeds (about 500 rpm at 70 mph). No more chugging at low rmps and def. a little easier to break the tire loose(not that it is hard to begin with). Definately worth the $!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gearing is torgue multiplication,so it takes what the engine makes and adds or subtracts (if u change from what u already got) to the rear tire. So if u want tire spinning/smokin,front tire in the air,grip it and rip it torgue (in theory lol) out of ur bike do the 26t,no one makes a 25 or 24,i asked! would need to change rear sprocket for more,,i only care about leavin a stop light as fast as possable sideways so thats what i did.Billy G. once said he makes his (small inch) engines believe there bigger then what they are and thats why they run so fast(quick).in a small way this is what goin from a 28 to a 26t gear would do,makes what u (1130/1250) got seem bigger (more torgue)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts