Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd want to convert my 28 tooth to a 26. NOW, with out saying do a search (which I've already done) how do you correct the 7% increase in speedo and odometer reading?? It's not too big of a concern but if I'm gonna spend $250 on a pulley I want the odo to be correct too. I have a PCIII usb and I do not think there are any provisions to correct it through this. Short of a reflash from a stealer are there any other options... Maybe a Dynojet dealer??

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Bill the dealer flash won't work either since that was for 30 tooth to 28 tooth. I know that V-mod says a speedo calibrator that I believe is made by S&S. A few people have used it. I think RJ has one or something similar.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bryan.:thumb:

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Where's the best place to get a 26-tooth setup?

This is kicking around in the back of my mind also. My Ducati became silly fun after gearing it down, the R would likely benefit also. :angeldev:

·
Registered
87 Posts
what belt

I have an 03 vrod with the 30 tooth front, if i buy the 26 tooth do i have to get a belt that fits the 04 and up (28 tooth) v rod? Also how much does this sprocket effect the top gear rpm on the street? Is it to high? I was looking to buy the 28 kit but if i could go smaller i will just want to know what is worth the money.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I'd say definately worth it. At 75-80 mph your rpm goes up by about 375. It feels like you're in fourth gear ( coming from a 28 tooth, you, maybe 3rd ). Acceleration much improved as is passing. You will need the shorter belt & then you are at the limit of axle adjustment.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
i plan on either going to at least a 28 or 26 in the next few days. i can get the 28 tooth kit with belt for 170.00 . what will the 26 tooth cost all said and done? Also what pipes are making the best power and not just peak power? I have some force slip ons now. mid sucks

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Ryno454 said:
i plan on either going to at least a 28 or 26 in the next few days. i can get the 28 tooth kit with belt for 170.00 . what will the 26 tooth cost all said and done? Also what pipes are making the best power and not just peak power? I have some force slip ons now. mid sucks
26 tooth is $250.

good pipes are CFR, Rineheart 2:1 and Thunderheader for all round power and performance.

·
Registered
164 Posts
thaxnk you,

Biker Bill said:
wow!!! ive only been a member for a few days and this is the first v-rod only site i ever joined. I have to say i love this place for all the questions and answers that helped me so much.
i just ordered the 26 tooth from http://www.turbotecusa.com/ and Sam was very helpful and said being my vrscr was newer that my old belt wont need to be replaced. I will follow up after the install and test ride. so you know Sam did say i would receive a discount for mentioning this site.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
i got my 26t.installing it was very easy, no special tools are needed. you will need a dremel to cut the fore sides where the sprocket recesses.and you will get what your looking for. i know i did.lol. think of shooting like a bad out of hell!!!!
and i can still do 130+ on i-95. im very happy and i would recommend having this mod done.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
locksmith said:
i got my 26t.installing it was very easy, no special tools are needed. you will need a dremel to cut the fore sides where the sprocket recesses.and you will get what your looking for. i know i did.lol. think of shooting like a bad out of hell!!!!
and i can still do 130+ on i-95. im very happy and i would recommend having this mod done.
locksmith,
You might want to check your Speedo if Not Corrected is a LITTLE OFF:deal: .Sure does waken her up thought Huh:dance: ?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
locksmith said:
who really looks at how fast your going anyway.:)lol. whats usualy in front determens how fast or slow ill be going....
man i love this place!!!!
I do... when I see a LEO.:D

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.