Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the NRS from Boston to Provincetown this weekend. 250 miles round trip in 90+ degree temps and it performed great! I've read posts from guys doing thousands of miles on their NRS's. Not sure I'd want to go that far on this thing, but the weekend getaway was a breeze!

For those that have never been to P-town... it's a FREAK show but definitely worth the trip. Provincetown is right at the end of Cape Cod MA and has long been home to, uh... "alternative" lifestyles. It also has some of the best beaches in the USA with great restaurants, shops and bars... not to mention some fantastic riding. Definitely a trip worth making if you've never done it.

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Just got my bike back from the stealer on Friday. Went over 200 miles here in So Cal with my new sert, se air filter and thunderheaders. Bike ran great from sea level to 6,000 ft. Awesome weather and awesome ride.

Felt as comfortable when I started till I got home. Can't wait till next weekend.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Nice isnt it. I did a few hundred running from Long Island to north eastern PA. It was in the 90's too, but it was great! I swear by my mesh jacket. It keeps your body in the shade.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
DJ91 said:
Just got my bike back from the stealer on Friday. Went over 200 miles here in So Cal with my new sert, se air filter and thunderheaders. Bike ran great from sea level to 6,000 ft. Awesome weather and awesome ride.

Felt as comfortable when I started till I got home. Can't wait till next weekend.
So Cal has some great riding weather!!!! Maybe I will see you out there :)

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
tejas heat.....

mattsmusic said:
Took the NRS from Boston to Provincetown this weekend. 250 miles round trip in 90+ degree temps and it performed great! I've read posts from guys doing thousands of miles on their NRS's. Not sure I'd want to go that far on this thing, but the weekend getaway was a breeze!

For those that have never been to P-town... it's a FREAK show but definitely worth the trip. Provincetown is right at the end of Cape Cod MA and has long been home to, uh... "alternative" lifestyles. It also has some of the best beaches in the USA with great restaurants, shops and bars... not to mention some fantastic riding. Definitely a trip worth making if you've never done it.

kewl...i can't believe the temps back east.....i don't think we have made 100 yet this summer although the news folks state it is to be this week :banghead: those damn pipes are sweet man.... :notworth:

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Did another 220+ miles today. From San Diego to Long Beach up the coast highway...... Stopped by Biggs H-D just in time to see the finals of the bikini contest.. (wrong gal won) :) they still have 2 '07 DX's. Sticker is at 15,920....

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the ride. I know when i get in over 200 miles in one day it makes me think I need to get a better seat ;)

·
FireBum
485 Posts
Saturday was my longest ride in one day, so far. 4 of us rode 390 miles round trip in 90 deg. heat. We were on I-29 North out of KC so we were in tons of Sturgis traffic and that was cool. I had TB when I got home, (tired butt), my massage ho took care of that though.

My Joe Rocket mesh jacket kept me cool and from getting sunburned and the armour in it gave me peace of mind. I wore shorts under my chaps. That kept the heat from the pipes off my leg and the air flowed up the inside keeping me cool while still offering the protection of leather. I did discover that the chaps unzip at about 110 or so, I need to fix that.

I never considered the V-Rod to be a tripper but if you don't need to take a lot of crap with you its great for day trips. I will spend the money for a 5 gallon tank. That was the only thing I had a problem with. I'm looking forward to more. Any KC members planning a ride like that please pm me.:biker: I have decent manners and I'm not too crazy.:cuckoo

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
The most I have ever ridden in one day was 650miles from Florida to North Carolina..I did it in 10 hours

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Great hearing you guys love your rides. I've put 750 miles on mine in the last 10 days and I must say I really like the ride. I had to replace the seat immediatly on my "R", but this saddle is pretty comfortable. The forward controls and reach to the bars is actually very comfortable. Ready for first oil change now 1000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts