Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members I'm in a jam. Has anyone put a Dunlop 250 on 2007 vrscdx. People are saying this is no issue so I had a local shop put one on against the machanics opinion.the tire is snagging on the chain guard and not quite touching the belt but it is close. Any ideas pls

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have them rescrew the belt guard back on. There is no way a 250 should be rubbing, unless you have wheels that are wider than 8.5" (stock is 8"). There's a rear wheel axle cam that can be adjusted. Maybe the wheel is canted to the left thats why it rubs?

Ive had 250 Avons and when those got bald went with a 280 Metz. My bike has arnotts rear air. Absolutely no problems, put almost 1k miles on the 280 so far. I'm a 175lb rider.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't gone that extreme yet with a 280 tire, but I do run a 260 Metz on a stock wheel with no issue and this will be my 2nd one. The Harley dealer here even installs them. No issues.

If your having problems it is probably the shop causing it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had 2 shops look at the tire the tire is too big to fit without modifications. Had to cut a notch out of the belt guard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doing research online and apparently the 250 Dunlop is wider and taller than the 260 Metz. This would explain why your having such an issue with the fitment. Sorry you had to cut the bike to get it to fit. If it is wider than the 260 that has to be a nice look as I love me a 260 fat ass tire.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
i purchased some elite 3s cheep and fitted them to several vrods(3 separate bikes in fact}they turned out to be terrible tyres .the beef i had was a high speed death wobble which just wouldn't go away with ballancing.anything over 120 km was simply dangerous.the tyres were soon removed and used as garden planters where they performed admirably.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts