Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got it all together. Many parts found on Ebay, chrome swingarm, HD lowering shocks, some small parts. Wheel was widened by Kosman, pulley was cut by V-Mod, who also supplied my belt and quards. I'm really surprised just how easy this was to do. All parts fit perfect, had no issues going together.

Here's some pictures, Happy and Phat, Skip Havener

Attachments

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Good job. Looks great.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
If you don't mind me asking how much did everything run you? FYI, that looks awesome, I gotta do this mod.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got about 1600.00 in it. I'm quite sure you could do it for a lot less. I bought many parts not needed only wanted. (more chrome). I still have all my stock parts if I ever want to go back.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
Looks great. Let me give you a little tip if you are going to stay with that dogs azz. I also have the 240 setup and for now have the dogs azz, but a couple weeks ago i bottomed out. You whould be surprised, but the tire actually hit the 2 bolts that the dogs azz screw into the inner fender. Mine stuck out a 1/4inch past the nut and actually made a slight razor cut around the tire from the threads on the screw.....not to safe!! All i did was shorten the screws to make them flush with the nut heads so there are no sharp points sticking out. I also tightend the pre-load which you should just the same since the wheel with the 240 is heavier.

Have fun with it....you will love it. The v-rod was meant to be 240ed!!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
It looks good.I agree the 240 was meant for the early V-Rods.The narrow fender really enhances the tire.

nval8,get some 1/4-20 or #6 carriage bolts w nuts.Remove the fender.Install the smooth side inboard and use a cutoff wheel in a dye grinder to cut the threads even w the nut.They fit perfectly w the fender on.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Whats Steve charge to cut the pully?

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
200.00 for the pulley, 111.00 for the belt, 149.00 for the upper guard. He is great to deal with.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
It looks good.I agree the 240 was meant for the early V-Rods.The narrow fender really enhances the tire.

nval8,get some 1/4-20 or #6 carriage bolts w nuts.Remove the fender.Install the smooth side inboard and use a cutoff wheel in a dye grinder to cut the threads even w the nut.They fit perfectly w the fender on.

Elrod on the V-Rod
Your on the money here, I did that to mine when installing my 200.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Can you post all you have in it. I already have a chrome swingarm, what other extras did you buy. I'm really considering going to this set up real soon, but want to know what's involved. What was turn around time? How long was the bike down?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used a stock wheel (widened by Kosman) to keep the hub area the same. The stock spacers still work okay. Plus I liked the 10 spoke wheel. I had the chrome pulley already. I put the stock pulley back on before I sent it to V-Mod to be narrowed. In all this the bike was never really down. All parts were onhand before I started, finished the job in about 4 hours. Thats taking breaks for a cold drinks and cooling down. It gets hot here in Florida.

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
taximech said:
200.00 for the pulley, 111.00 for the belt, 149.00 for the upper guard. He is great to deal with.

was the upper bet guard an extra you wanted or needed was it modified or just chromed. 311.00 for that set up is a great price hmmmm.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Last question.... How much did Kos charge you to widen the wheel and what width did you go with?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The belt quard is different for the wider wheel, I suppose you could cut your original to fit. I think Kosman charged 550.00 to widen wheel to 8.5 inches. I bought the tire online for 139.00 free ship. I know its an Elite 3 but I still have Dunlop on front . Bike only has 5000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
How has your belt held up? mine has 200km on it and its destroyed. Im running a 07 wheel, pulley, 03 spacers and cushdrive, 06SE skinny belt, 28tooth front pulley. just curious why my belt is showing the braiding so soon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts