Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 vrsrca that I'm putting a 240 on. I found a 2008 Vrscdx V Rod 240 wheel and bought
it. Can I use my stock pully and belt or will I need to buy after market
stuff. I'm gonna mount it on the stock swing arm.
Thanks again for your help

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Ozzie Steve
128 Posts
You will need at least different spacers, an offset pulley, and probably a different belt.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
EXCELSIOR
8,374 Posts
Others can tell you better but the later wide wheels use smaller id bearings, so you'll need either replace bearings or axle. If axle you just need to realize the swingarm slots will be a bit sloppy.
I also think that the newer wheels use different spacing of the bearings than the older wheels so you'll need to develop a proper stack of spacers to make it all fit.
The newer bikes also use a narrower (stronger) belt and rear pulley.

I believe the "Budget" 240 mod was developed with aftermarket components that would allow you to utilize stock axle and other items. In going with a newer stock wheel you may have complicated your task.

Which ever read the Budget thread and related threads, they will be vitally important.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was able to use my stock belt but did need a new pulley and a bunch of spacers. I also put on a new swing arm though that came as a set (wheel, spacers, pulley, swing arm).

Because of my swing arm, I also needed spacers for my suspension.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
I just recently put on the 2012 Rims on my 05B, the front was easy, just new bearings and the new (2012) spacers. The back was a bit harder, needed custom spacers, already had the thin belt so I was able to keep the stock pulley.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts