Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

How does your 260 handle versus your old 240?

• Handles a lot better than my old 240

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Handles a bit better than my old 240.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Handles pretty much the same as my old 240

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Handles a bit worse than my old 240

• Handles a lot worse than my old 240

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • AAHHH!! I can't turn, I'm heading straight for the trees!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's the difference? Curious if its on a 8" wheel or 8.5" wheel as well.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Had my 260 on the stock 8" but is now on a RC 8.5" wheel..

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gstern75 said:
Had my 260 on the stock 8" but is now on a RC 8.5" wheel..
Very curious if you saw any difference in handling? From what I understand going to the wider wheel will unfold the tire just a bit more, causing it to be a bit wider.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I have the 260 on the stock wheel.It made it harder to keep it in curves at 80 mph and above.I noticed a big difference in power while rolling on the throttle in 3rd,though I got used to this.I lowered the bike a couple of inches and stiffened the suspension a little,this helped.The thing that put it back to handling as good as new,if not better,was the Super Brace.Also in my experience a new wide metz takes more effort to control than a seasoned one.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
878 Posts
spinedoc said:
Very curious if you saw any difference in handling? From what I understand going to the wider wheel will unfold the tire just a bit more, causing it to be a bit wider.
I havent noticed anything.. Just got back from the Dragon with the gang and was dragging the CFR and my pegs with the 260.........

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The only real difference I noticed was a much better quality tire (260 Metz) than the stock 240. I never really felt I could trust the stock tires when tilting the horizon, but these Metz have great sticking ability.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
waiting for PIRELLI to make some P-ZERO'S that will fit, I can only immagine it like un-leashing the BEAST

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Groucho Marx

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
Handles pretty much the same on my DX with a stock wheel. I don't push it to it's limit though by any means, so fairly conservative corners aren't much different.

I'm not exactly a lightweight, so some may have more problems with turn in than I do, but I haven't noticed it personally.

·
Dominus Violatus
208 Posts
I enjoy the 260 more than the 240. I like the fact that on turn ins it seems more stable than before.

·
Hang up and Drive!
83 Posts
K2D said:
I enjoy the 260 more than the 240. I like the fact that on turn ins it seems more stable than before.

I agree. I feel like it's more stable than the 240 I had on. And I can feel that the Metz holds to the ground better than the stock 240.

Or maybe I just love the new 260.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
just got mine put on today ,on a 8.5 hogpro rim,will let you know as soon as the weather clears up,,damn this rain,,,,grrrrrrrrr,,,its on a 07 aw,and i only weigh 70 kgs,have progrressive front and rear so i hope that will help,,,lol,,,

·
brett
9,338 Posts
just got back from a ride in the mountains and it was smoother than my 240 dunlop ,but apart from that it was pretty much the same for me ,good news is that no chicken strips im not really an aggressive rider or fast in corners but i must get it over a bit in corners cos ive left some of my exhaust sheids on the road a few times ,but any way im leaning it over the same but the 260 is wider so the wear pattern is going all the way across,,,i would deffinately not say its worse ,only maybe it creeps around on our shitty cambered roads when going slowly or when pulling up at lights it gets the wonders a tiny bit more,,,but im no expert rider,,,lol,,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts