Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am looking to change the color of my bike. I wanted to buy just another set of fenders and airbox. Does anyone know if the rear fender off of a 240 rear will fit or will I have to mod it. Thanks

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Anything can be made to fit but it will take some work. But no it is not a direct bolt on swap over.

Can i ask why you want to switch to a 240 fender?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Want to change my bike to black and one of the kits I found on line has a black rear fender off of a bike with a 240 rear. Quess I'll have to fine a black fender off of an older vrod with the 180 rear or just custom paint job.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Hey Fly, there are a handful of different inner & outer fender set-ups among not only the 180's but the 240's as well. There are different mounting techniques from year to year. It would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the differences. Your problem is that the 180 frame will not accept a 240 inner fender from the wide frame bikes. Look at the SE models, something "might" work there.
Anything is possible with a grinder, a torch, a hammer, bondo.....................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts