Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might like to see a '05 Screamin Eagle with stock swingarm and 240. The only swingarm mod is the notch on the caliper mounting tab.

We used a narrow belt, pulley. and '06 S/E belt guards. The wheels are our "8 Spoke design" Very straight forward and on center with no centering adjustments needed.

Jerry

Attachments

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Hey Jerry, looks like you have progressives for shocks. Any tire contact with suspension bottomed. Thanks for the pictures!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ray I use progressives with my 240 setup as well, while different setup and a notched swing arm I get no contact at all. I did have to put one extra washer on the left side top of the shock to keep it from hitting the belt but I doubt that is necessary with the narrow belt.

Looks very good Jerry. I know a couple of people that have been working on similar designs for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are 12.5" 440's and there is no bottoming reported by the customer. When we road tested the bike it felt great.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to mention that we did use the '06 Screamin eagle offset trans pulley however the belt tracked right in the center of that pulley leaving quite a bit of room to move to the outside. We didn't get time to try the stock pulley on this bike but it may just work with this 240 set up.. We will keep you posted on that one.

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Cool, good info. Thanks Jerry and Max!

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
What am I missing here :hmm: I thought the screaming eagles came with a 240 already on?

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Just the 06's came with a 240 my friend, the 05's came with stock 180 tire.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up gentlemen. I knew I was missing something. Will this mod work on an 03 VRSCA using stock shocks? Love this forum :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi First off love this Forum and the informative advice. Next will this 240 conversion work on a 05 VSRCA with the original shocks etc and still stay in centre with just the notch on the swing arm ground off?

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, it will work with any year v-rod. It is centered because our hub is designed for a 240.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This might be a really stupid question, but what would this do to other 240 kits? More specifically, swingarms? I understand that the stock swingarm will/does require some modifications, is that something anyone can do? (I saw the other post / How-To)

Won't this in a way "hurt" your business? Is this kind of like modding the stock pipes? There is plenty of information out there that tells you how to do it yourself, along with businesses that charge those who don't feel comfortable doing it themselves. Kind of the same thing?

Again, these might have been stupid questions, but I'm new to all of this.

...by the way, I love this place.:thumb:

Mike

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Jerry,

Are the other Hogpro designs available with the narrow pulley? Also, is that the hub/pulley design where the pulley bolts to the cush drive AKA RC?

I knew it would just be a matter of time before someone started fabricating a 240 kit using the SE parts that didn't require a complete swingarm change AND let you use other wheel designs. :thumb:

(anybody want to buy a mint condition set of polished Hogpro Indy's ;) , I just may have to upgrade :broke: )

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
MMichaelJJ said:
This might be a really stupid question, but what would this do to other 240 kits? More specifically, swingarms? I understand that the stock swingarm will/does require some modifications, is that something anyone can do? (I saw the other post / How-To)

Won't this in a way "hurt" your business? Is this kind of like modding the stock pipes? There is plenty of information out there that tells you how to do it yourself, along with businesses that charge those who don't feel comfortable doing it themselves. Kind of the same thing?

Again, these might have been stupid questions, but I'm new to all of this.

...by the way, I love this place.:thumb:

Mike
I think, if anything, it will have a positive effect on Jerry's business. It will open the door to people who want a 240 but are put off by the price tag. People that wouldn't be doing wheels at all until they can afford the complete set will probably pull the trigger with the total kit pricing being $1200 less.

He may sell fewer modified swing arms but he'll make up the loss with more wheel sales overall. In addition, not all the wheel manufacturers will be quick to offer the narrow pulley or redesign their hub to accept the proper offset so there should still be significant sales to people who Just have to have a particular design

At least those are my thoughts......... Anything that increases overall sales is good!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts