Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Very nice - now ya need to lower the bike to get rid of that gap over the rear tire..

·
Registered
93 Posts
looks great!:notworth: Miller Lite:cheers:

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
awesome! I plan to do the same for my D but you beat me to it :D that is an Avon 250, yes? can you let me know how much gap between tire and belt?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a 240 not a 250. If you still want to know the gap let me know. What is the best way to lower the rear?

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
It is a 240 not a 250. If you still want to know the gap let me know. What is the best way to lower the rear?
yes please, thanks!

to lower the rear depends on your budget (all $$$ are approximate):

$100: cut your stock shocks to 12". Google "skullman shocks"

$250: progressive 412. 12" shocks

$500: progressive 440. 12" shocks. PM V-shop for best service

$900: Arnott air shocks - height adjustable. this can give you the lowest possible. find it in the group buy section

IMHO go with 440. That's what I have and very happy with the result.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Bike looks great, the earlier bikes are meant to have a 240 under their fender !!

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Rideability

It looks great. Leave it alone.

If you change the height (for vanity) you will ruin your cornering clearance, especially with that 2 into 1 pipe. It ain't gonna look so great with that pipe all scraped up- not to mention the danger.

Its not a show bike. Its a fun bike! Keep it fun!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Looks great with the wheels.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Love the color of your bike... I'm not usually a "blue" fan but I like that color and the 240 of course :)... Also, what seat is that that you are running? A suggestion for you, when you take pic's of your bike from the rear either cover up your license plate or black it out in your photo editor before you post the pic to the internet... All kinds of "thieves" out there and whacko's :)... Like I said, just a suggestion...

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Looks great! Have you considered some (maybe chrome?) side covers for the visible gas tank through the frame? Looks like a bald spot in the newer bikes IMO... I think that would enhance it's look, you have a beautiful ride! :)

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
If you change the height (for vanity) you will ruin your cornering clearance, especially with that 2 into 1 pipe. It ain't gonna look so great with that pipe all scraped up- not to mention the danger.
Really - I have that pipe on my 05b with the bike lowered with 12" Progressive 440 pipes and have never had a scrape on my pipe from leaning it. Other areas of the bike -yes - but not that pipe!!!

Side note - how bout some pics of those 2 Corvettes ?? under the cover in the garage...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts