Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The attached pic is my new 240 MPH speedo. I used a Euro cluster that reads in kph, took it apart, covered the kph lettering with a HD pin, put it back together, installed a Dakota Digital speedo adjuster unit to make it read in true mile per hour. Just trying to be different.

Frank

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
What does the odometer read now? I believe it will be what ever the replacement (euro) cluster was at when removed from bike.

Ken

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o2man98 said:
What does the odometer read now? I believe it will be what ever the replacement (euro) cluster was at when removed from bike.

Ken

It was purchased new and they matched the reading from my old speedo.

Frank

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Frank Storms said:
It was purchased new and they matched the reading from my old speedo.

Frank
Frank, looks nice... Think you'll ever get it that fast?

Second, are the Euro clusters NOT Chromed around the outer cover, or is that a VRSCB cover... yada yada.?

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Nice Okie. Different is good.

·
Todd
482 Posts
:helpme: I have been wanting different too. I have blue LEDs on my bike and like the color. I wanted to know if you could change the bulbs inside the speedo cluster to different colors? Are they bulbs or LEDs? I have not researched yet :stupid: . Thanks

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I think I might need one of those for my new project! :eek:

·
Autobanmod
9,893 Posts
This is good work but you forgot to widen the RPM range on the rev counter by factor 1,745. Your rev's would be about 16.000 RPM at 240 MPH with stock transmission ratio.

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kennedy said:
Frank, looks nice... Think you'll ever get it that fast?

Second, are the Euro clusters NOT Chromed around the outer cover, or is that a VRSCB cover... yada yada.?
The Euro cluster looks just like the stock US cluster. The chrome that you see around the gage is a separate part for both clusters.

Frank

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tmvick said:
:helpme: I have been wanting different too. I have blue LEDs on my bike and like the color. I wanted to know if you could change the bulbs inside the speedo cluster to different colors? Are they bulbs or LEDs? I have not researched yet :stupid: . Thanks

I did not look at the bulb when I had it apart. Max has also taken one apart, maybe he can answer your question. You could change out the clear plastic top for a different color.

Frank

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jan-Dirk said:
This is good work but you forgot to widen the RPM range on the rev counter by factor 1,745. Your rev's would be about 16.000 RPM at 240 MPH with stock transmission ratio.

That's a good reason to get the sixth gear when it comes out. :diablo:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts