Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, like most of the people on this forum, I am seriously debating going to this and have been for a while. Well the more and more I see people going to this the more I want to do it. I've been making lists of EVERYTHING that i would need to do it my way with making it look good, but cheaper too.

I'm thinking:

2003 A

Kosman to widen the wheel to 8.5''(550)
240 Belt and Drive Kit from V-Mod (500)
V-mod cut down rear pulley (211)
Already have Chrome Swingarm
go to progressive 440s and change out front springs and go to SE oil (500)
240 Tire Metz (180)
Cut notch for Caliper (free)
Sidemount license plate and fabricating something for rear turns (200ish)

TTL: $2150, is this all I need? I know I can do it for cheaper, but with this being the way I want to do it, is there anything I'm missing? For those that had Kosman widen their wheel, how long did it take sending it out to getting it back?

Thanks for all the responses,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Spacers for rear wheel? Might not need them with the kosman kit, I am not sure. The belt and front offset pulley you might want to check with Chicago H-D, may be able to save a couple of bucks there. You will also need to trim the inner fender if you are going to stay with the stock one.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Has your chrome swingarm been machined to accept the 240, just checking?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts

·
Never Late
520 Posts
Gdub said:
Spacers for rear wheel? Might not need them with the kosman kit, I am not sure. The belt and front offset pulley you might want to check with Chicago H-D, may be able to save a couple of bucks there. You will also need to trim the inner fender if you are going to stay with the stock one.
spacer will not be needed with his setup. I should say spacers other then the stock ones he is useing now.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
nval8 said:
spacer will not be needed with his setup. I should say spacers other then the stock ones he is useing now.

Cool. Was not sure how the wheel widening worked. Sounds like he might have everything under control.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
Gdub said:
Cool. Was not sure how the wheel widening worked. Sounds like he might have everything under control.
they only widen the lips of the rim....where the tire sits in the beed. the hub is not touched so if he is useing the stock swing arm then the stock spacers will be needed.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone who's had V-mod cut the rear pulley, how long was it out, and what about widening with Kosman? Anyone want to go into what is needed to notch the caliper? Anyone stayed with the stock shocks and not bottomed out repeatedly?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
just notch the front of the brake caliper mount on the swing arm. Approximatley 1/2" to 1/4" do a search on 240 self mod. There are several write ups. I have never bottomed out with stock shocks but I went with a wide fender.

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
If you cut that chrome swingarm, sooner or later you'll need to rechrome it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kosman widened my rear wheel about 2 months ago and it took about 3 weeks. They did an excellent job. I bought new bearings for the wheel when I got it back. I'm hoping to finally install the wheel this weekend. Wish me luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts