Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing a widened stock rear wheel (8" by Kosmans). I'm using an '06 SE reactor narrow pulley and an '06 SE offset transmission pulley along with the '06 SE narrow belt. My question is, if the belt is too close to the wheel/tire and if the belt is sitting right on the transmission pulley? The belt is only 3MM from the tire.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Attachments

·
Never Late
520 Posts
everything looks normal. The belt will ride close to the tire ...3mm sounds right...every bike is slightly different. As long as everything is aligned right and the belt is not touching the tire you will be good to go. The belt also looks good on the front pully...the outer edge of the belt will ride where the outer edge of your old stock belt sat. The offsett pulley is sometimes not needed, but it is alway a good idea to use it so you have the room for play....as i said every bike is different.

So again....from what i see and from what you have said you have done...you are looking good! finish it up and take her for a ride!!! just take it slow for a few miles to make sure everything is secure.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks nval8! I just took a little break and now it's time to cut the inner fender and get this thing back together.

Thanks again! Lets me proceed and not worry if things are going right.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
everything looks good to me youve got twice the spacer between the belt and tire then i do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tyson! It just looks really close. Now I'm questioning the way the new Progressive 440's are lining up. I'm going to search the forum because I know this came up before. I'm done for today, but hopefully I can get it back together soon.

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
I think once you get a few turns on the pulley..the belt will ride out a bit on your front pulley which will pull it out a hair.....It's hard to see true front to back even with a flat edge when you're doing all of it your self.

Here's mine if it helps....it's close but it'll work

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts