Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 VRSCA
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got a little dilemma. I did the budget 240 conversion on my 2002 VRSCA. Bought a wheel,rear pulley and belt from a VRSCDX. Everything went together well and it looks amazing the only issue is belt fitment. My original pulleys are 30t front and 72t rear. I left the stock front pulley and installed the 72t rear sprocket from the vrscdx. My original belt was a 150t and I installed the new narrow 151t belt. Now it’s too long and I don’t have enough adjustment to tension this belt. I’m thinking of either going with a 32t front pulley to make up the slack and also improve my highway mpg, or doing a shorter belt. I don’t want to do the shorter belt because they are so expensive. I still can’t figure out why this belt seems so much longer than the old one since the new is only 1 more tooth. What would you guys recommend?

·
VRSC est -03
3,531 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.
Links:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The belt is longer because the swingarms on the later models are 20mm longer. The belt generally used on the budget conversions is off the 06 SE models which is narrower but the same length as the 02-06 belts. Problem being is this belt is getting extremely difficult to find and very expensive when you do find them. Easiest is to cut it as the link Knut posted shows.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If there is enough room to slide the wheel back in the slot in the swingarm, then you can use some barstock as a spacer in front of the eccentric cams to make up the slack. Just an option IF there is room in the slot.

·
Registered
2002 VRSCA
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to 1130cc.
Links:
Thanks for the link. I might try this out

·
Registered
2002 VRSCA
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If there is enough room to slide the wheel back in the slot in the swingarm, then you can use some barstock as a spacer in front of the eccentric cams to make up the slack. Just an option IF there is room in the slot.
There is not enough room to move the wheel back. I rolled the axle as far back as possible and still the belt is too loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts