Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering letting my dx go, I haven't touched it in 2 years and now have a newborn so thinking it might be time to move on. 2008 nightrod special, 11k miles. I have owned it about 10 years. Thousands of $ into it. Here is a list of some of the mods.
Hogpro 300 rear end
Rick's solo rear fender and custom seat
Burley 1.5" fat bars
H-d Black diamond pegs and grips
Arnott air shocks
V&h comp 2-1 exhaust
V&h fuelpak tuner
Custom led headlight
Oem Muscle mirrors w/ led signals painted black
Cult werk fork covers
Cult werk air box cover
Powder coat pulley, bolts, grills, levers, bars, headlight trim, peg mounts
Side mount plate
Run brake turn with rear signal relocate
Axle covers
H-d Gear indicator
H-d Aux buttons for air ride
Custom riser

There is a lot more that I'm forgetting. I also have the oem airbox cover, rear fender, swingarm, and rear wheel. It will have a new battery. The pictures are a little old but only small changes since they were taken. I'd like to get $21,000 for it but not sure what the market is like. Just going off what I have seen similar bikes listed for. Located in abq nm. Would consider trading for a can-am maverick turbo 4 seater.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10g if you are lucky. These bikes don't hold value (and modifications on ANY toy never return during a sale....).

I say keep it and enjoy it when you can.
Yea I know mods typically bring any extra but I have seen about half a dozen bikes very similarly modded sell on ebay for $20k+ in the last year.. just takes one right buyer.. and I'm not sure I really do want to sell so no harm in asking what I really want for it.

· Registered
845 Posts
Yea I know mods typically bring any extra but I have seen about half a dozen bikes very similarly modded sell on ebay for $20k+ in the last year.. just takes one right buyer.. and I'm not sure I really do want to sell so no harm in asking what I really want for it.

Maybe in New Zealand where everything is crazy expensive you would sell it for 20g. No offense, I see a bunch of bolt ons and no real power adders or engine work. You'd make more parting out the aftermarket pieces and selling the bike in more stock form.

Vrod's are not worth much. Just a reality.

· Registered
6,471 Posts
Maybe in New Zealand where everything is crazy expensive you would sell it for 20g. No offense, I see a bunch of bolt ons and no real power adders or engine work. You'd make more parting out the aftermarket pieces and selling the bike in more stock form.

Vrod's are not worth much. Just a reality.
Not sure about that. Adverts here in Canada, many are listed at their ,at that time new price. It's nuts, even on basically stock bikes . If you want a classic, it's going to cost you it seems .
Ron

· Premium Member
3,292 Posts
The international market is there, and there may be US buyers willing to cut to the chase and buy the bike with all mods and parts present & operational. Money and mostly the amount of time time required to duplicate it is daunting - if that's the type of V Rod they're looking for. If you want top dollar properly advertise it in Cycle Trader with all mods, $ invested etc. start at 21K and every month drop it $ 500 till a fish finally bites. Put it on E Bay M/C with your low end reserve price and see if anyone bids it up - you're looking for a few select buyers which are few & far between - so you need good market visibility & exposure. If you can't get your low end price make it a keeper and like Freudie says ride it once in a while - Unless you find that special buyer that's willing to pay top $ for it up front the regular V Rod market might pull in a max of 12-15K from someone that was looking to buy a used V Rod and modding it up to your level but realizes yours would be much faster & easier. But not too many of them out there since doing the mods can be a labor of love as I'm sure it was for you. Best of Luck with it ! (y):cool:

· Premium Member
2004 vrsca
221 Posts
I'm considering letting my dx go, I haven't touched it in 2 years and now have a newborn so thinking it might be time to move on. 2008 nightrod special, 11k miles. I have owned it about 10 years. Thousands of $ into it. Here is a list of some of the mods.
Hogpro 300 rear end
Rick's solo rear fender and custom seat
Burley 1.5" fat bars
H-d Black diamond pegs and grips
Arnott air shocks
V&h comp 2-1 exhaust
V&h fuelpak tuner
Custom led headlight
Oem Muscle mirrors w/ led signals painted black
Cult werk fork covers
Cult werk air box cover
Powder coat pulley, bolts, grills, levers, bars, headlight trim, peg mounts
Side mount plate
Run brake turn with rear signal relocate
Axle covers
H-d Gear indicator
H-d Aux buttons for air ride
Custom riser

There is a lot more that I'm forgetting. I also have the oem airbox cover, rear fender, swingarm, and rear wheel. It will have a new battery. The pictures are a little old but only small changes since they were taken. I'd like to get $21,000 for it but not sure what the market is like. Just going off what I have seen similar bikes listed for. Located in abq nm. Would consider trading for a can-am maverick turbo 4 seater.

I hope that you know what you have. In my opinion, do not bring the price anywhere lower than 18, you will get it

· Registered
845 Posts
10 grand and if he is lucky? don't make me laugh
Laugh all you want, toys don't sell in a recession. There is a reason I don't own a hot rod shop (I'd go broke as many of my friends have....people don't spend money on toys when food is on the line).

Couple that with his bike has a ridiculously large rear tire/swingarm, all blacked out, no engine mods, pipes that drag, in other words highly customized which translated to "Owner is very proud of his bike by evidence of his asking price". It's HIS bike, but he asked for MY opinion. Prove me wrong, I give a shit.

On the other side of the coin go price a used Roadglide. You'll see significantly higher prices (and they sell at those prices).

· Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Don’t listen to the naysayers. I just got a bit more than that for my similarly equipped 08 NRS. I did have HogPro contrast cut wheels and a drive side rear brake kit. Buyer was in Miami, I’m in the NW and he had it trailered to him. I advertised in a FB group.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

· Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Laugh all you want, toys don't sell in a recession. There is a reason I don't own a hot rod shop (I'd go broke as many of my friends have....people don't spend money on toys when food is on the line).

Couple that with his bike has a ridiculously large rear tire/swingarm, all blacked out, no engine mods, pipes that drag, in other words highly customized which translated to "Owner is very proud of his bike by evidence of his asking price". It's HIS bike, but he asked for MY opinion. Prove me wrong, I give a shit.

On the other side of the coin go price a used Roadglide. You'll see significantly higher prices (and they sell at those prices).
You don’t know what you’re talking about. If a toy is done right it will sell. There is no recession right now and that doesn’t matter anyway. I’ve bought and sold many custom toys. The people who buy them are recession proof. They have the cash. I know when I’m looking at my next toy, the economy won’t matter. If yours doesn’t sell, it’s not the economy’s fault.

· Registered
139 Posts
"A pile of dinosaur dung 130 million years old sold at a New York auction for nearly $1,000. The prehistoric deposit fetched $960 at Wednesday's auction, said a spokeswoman for Bonhams New York. Its pre-auction estimate was $450."

Point is that's it's worth whatever someone will actually pay for it.
What he Said. The price is what someone is willing to pay! $21k in this market is a tough ask. Same time last year was a whole another story.

· Premium Member
3,292 Posts
What he Said. The price is what someone is willing to pay! $21k in this market is a tough ask. Same time last year was a whole another story.
As stated there's still folks that have the money to buy it, just fewer of them actually willing to do it. Sellers gotta have top notch advertising with photos, list of components etc. and then wait. Takes months sometimes for the M/C to be available online for viewing before you find a truly interested actual buyer with ready money. Might take longer now, but upcoming spring riding season will help. If you want to sell it faster, it takes a lower price like the 12-15K I mentioned prior and a regular V Rod buyer might just pick it up to get a great deal. If not in a hurry just get it out there on the market asap and let the market come to you - adjust price accordingly, you'll get thousands more, example red Rockets bike ! (y):cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts